From The Wheeler Report Blog
This week on the Wheelercast, find out what committees are doing this week, zero-base budgeting, and budget negotiations. Gwyn and...
As published by The Wheeler Report – 02/09/2009… Four Assembly Republicans to offer package of bills on budget Four Assembly...
Tuesday June 27, 2017 - Updated 5:22am
- Baraboo News Republic. Walker made honorary ringmaster at Circus World in Baraboo.
- WAOW. Local brewers, lawmakers weigh in on distribution regulation.
- WBAY. State policy proposal threatens tap rooms, concerns craft brewers.
- Fox 11. Plan to redevelop GBCI could be lacking Senate support.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Senate unlikely to take up Republican campus speech bill before fall.
- Janesville Gazette. Rep. Debra Kolste's pharmacy bill signed into law.
- Wisconsin State Journal. State Farm to be corporate sponsor of DOT roadside assistance service.
- Beloit Daily News. DOJ denies group's request for swag costs.
- La Crosse Tribune. Secretary Brancel highlights Wisconsin's cheese industry at stops in La Crosse, Westby.
- Wisconsin Rapids Daily Tribune. Northern Steel Castings halting production.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Wisconsin fish farming sees growth after decade of stagnation.
- USA Today. Supreme Court reinstates Trump's travel ban, but only for some immigrants.
- Reuters. U.S. top court backs church in major religious rights case.
- McClatchy DC. Wisconsin wants 'Making a Murderer' inmate to stay in jail.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Voter ID case continues without Ruthelle Frank.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Supreme Court refuses to hear Wisconsin predictive crime assessment case.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Wisconsin 13th among states in identifiying homeless students.
- Milwaukee Biz Times. Milwaukee area leads the nation in declining housing affordability.
- Fox 6. "An irresponsible law:" Chief Flynn says concealed carry law contributes to violence.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Eau Claire City Council to consider supporting Paris climate agreement.
- Oshkosh Northwestern. Medicaid caps in health care bills could push more special needs costs onto schools.
- WKOW. Local representatives, health workers call on Sen. Johnson to vote against health care bill.
- WISC. 'This is a fundamental change:' Disability groups concerned about health care bill.
- Reuters. Republican healthcare bill imperiled with 22 million seen losing insurance.
- The Hill. Four GOP senators will vote against taking up healthcare bill without changes.
- Janesville Gazette. Editorial: A radical cure for Congress: openness.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Republican Sen. Ron Johnson slams Senate GOP Obamacare repeal legislation.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Doctors gropus: rework Republican health bill.
- Bloomberg. Health bill seen as GOP's last chance to repeal Obamacare taxes.
Monday June 26, 2017
- Gov. Walker. Governor Walker, state leaders celebrate success of Wisconsin cheese industry.
- Chippewa Herald. Walker in Chippewa Falls to kick off Day 2 of annual motorcycle ride.
- Wisconsin AG Connection. Walker, Brancel celebrate 'WI Cheese Day' with industry tours.
- Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty. Wisconsin JFC Democrats trying to play Oprah with K-12 budget proposal.
- Fox 11. Gov. Walker says budget agreement in the near future.
- Appleton Post-Crescent. Officials raise alarm over possible changes to State 15 bypass.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Tourism, hospitality, manufacturing groups bristle at highway tolling talk.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Wisconsin lawmakers will miss budget deadline as talks slow.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Lawmakers considering budget plan to increase funding for schools, low-spending districts.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Editorial: How the state budget debate boils down.
- U.S. News & World Report. Craft brewers fear last-minute regulations in budget.
- One Wisconsin Now. National voting rights leader highlights need to keep up fight against GOP efforts to rig elections.
- Portage Daily Register. Portage council opposes personal property tax repeal.
- Racine Journal Times. Editorial: Time to get tough on phone use while driving.
- Janesville Gazette. Assembly approves bill that would track sale of key meth ingredient.
- Merrill Foto News. County sends clear message to Madison on congressional re-districting.
- Beloit Daily News. Law allows emergency prescription refills.
- Racine Journal Times. Police K-9s won't face quarantine under new law.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Proposed legislation calls for teen violence training in Wisconsin schools.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Personal finance education may be required at Wisconsin public schools.
- One Wisconsin Now. Brad Schimiel swag update: Attorney general denies request to provide details on purchases of promotional material using public funds.
- DHS & DATCP. This Fourth of July, think fireworks safety first.
- Rep. Young. Requests AG review of state's deadly force policy.
- DOC. Launches revamped website.
- Stevens Point Journal. More state of Wisconsin workers leaving for other jobs.
- Great Water Alliance. Seeking citizen input at open houses in Franklin, Muskego, and New Berlin.
- PDPW. Growing need for on-farm training for industry professionals.
- RightWisconsin. New editor announced.
- Wisconsin State Journal. AFSCME moving its Madison headquarters closer to downtown.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. The last beer runs: Minnesotans no longer need to come to Wisconsin for Sunday sales.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court. Commercial docket pilot starts July 1 in Waukesha County, Eighth District.
- Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty. Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court decision in Trinity Lutheran v. Comer.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Brad Schimel: Attorney general's role is to uphold and defend the law of the land.
- Beloit Daily News. Analysis indicates partisan gerrymandering has benefited GOP.
- UW-Madison. Peanut family secret for making chemical building blocks revealed.
- DPW. Black Caucus' statement on verdict in Heaggan-Brown trial.
- Dane County Exec. Parisi. Dane and Cook Counties team to confront climate change.
- Hunger Task Force. Move to the beat, help 'Stomp Out Hunger' at Summerfest.
- Milwaukee County Sheriff Clarke. Operation Drive Sober results in 9 arrests.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Federal review of Milwaukee police remains in limbo after 18 months.
- U.S. Sen. Baldwin. Statement on CBO score of Senate Republican health care repeal plan.
- U.S. Rep. Kind. Statement on CBO score for Senate "health care" bill.
- Wisconsin Medical Society. Physicians urge changes to BCRA.
- U.S. Rep. Grothman. Resolution condemns global persecution of Christians.
- DPW. Walker joins Cruz, Tea Party supporting massive unfunded mandate on Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Ron Johnson takes aim at pre-existing condition protections in Senate health care bill.
- New York Times. Sen. Johnson: Where the Senate health care bill fails.
- The Hill. GOP senator blasts Senate healthcare bill for reliance on government spending.
- Fox 6. "It has to be done:" Protesters call on Sen. Johnson to vote 'no' Senate's health care bill.
- Wisconsin State Journal. In health care debate, lawmakers hear constituents' stories of survival, fears for loved ones.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Trump's budget eliminates funding for federal volunteer programs.
- Green Bay Press-Gazette. Gallagher: Keeping faith with our veterans.
- WKOW. Walker supports Johnson opposition to health care bill.
- Bloomberg. GOP push for 20-year tax cut grows as Ryan seeks permanent fix.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Senate health care bill better, worse for Wisconsin than House bill.
- Politico. The surprising GOP holdout on the Senate's health bill.
- WDIO. Superior rallies against Rep. Duffy and GOP healthcare bill.
- Bloomberg. Corporate tax rate at 28% seen as more likely than historic cut.
- Kohl for Congress. CBO score confirms: Grothman supported health plan will hurt Wisconsin families.
- Walker for Governor. ICYMI: Milwaukee unemployment rate offers further proof Wisconsin's bold conservative reforms are working.
- RPW. Wisconsinites hurting from Obamacare, Senator Tammy Baldwin still embracing the status quo.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Why Paul Ryan's race for Congress next year bears watching, even if he'll be hard to beat.