From The Wheeler Report Blog
Episode #26. Brian and Gwyn talk about the busy calendar in the legislature – bill signings, hearings and execs being...
As published by The Wheeler Report – Thursday, April 1, 2010 Executive Action by Assembly Transportation AB-048. Special License Plates...
Monday December 11, 2017 - Updated 10:01am
- WAOW. Gov. Walker outlaws soliciting sexual photos of children.
- U.S. News & World Report. Governor to sign bill lifting mining moratorium.
- Fox 11. Walker signs bill prohibiting adults from hosting underage drinking parties.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. New laws target repeat drunk drivers, sex offenders in schools.
- League of Wisconsin Municipalities. Dark Store Day. A holiday wish for tax fairness.
- Columbus City Administrator Vander Sanden. City of Columbus urges passage of legislation on this "Dark Store Day of Action."
- Sen. Carpenter. Save our SeniorCare!
- WEDA. Recognizes Dark Store Day to encourage lawmakers to support property tax fairness legislation.
- UW System Remedial Education Report. Appendix. UW System Remedial Math & English Course Offerings.
- Sen. Taylor. Three bills become law.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Lawmakers push for recognition of tribal ID cards.
- Kenosha News. Municipalities push Legislature to end "dark stores' loophole.
- WEDC. UWM awareded $900,000 state grant to support Connected Systems Institute.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Wisconsin can't enforce fire sprinkler rule for small apartment buildings, says AG Schimel.
- La Crosse Tribune. Wisconsin regulators approve Xcel Energy rate hikes.
- PDPW. December 20 webinar to provide dairy market outlook for 2018.
- Milwaukee Biz Times. Unions adjust to right-to-work reality.
- Appleton Post-Crescent. Distractions, alcohol fuel increase in deaths of pedestrians on Wisconsin roadways.
- WTMJ. Investigators say more predators using Snapchat to victimize children.
- Madison.com. Sexual misconduct often part of the job in hospitality work.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. John Doe judge to step down because of tweets he posted about the case.
- USA Today. Supreme Court to hear second case challenging election districts.
- WISN. UPFRONT recap: State senator reacts to news DOJ found her private emails in GAB's possession.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Ethics Commission: John Doe leak report requires 'significant factual clarifications.'
- Cap Times. UW Regents revise reorganization plan to meet accreditation standards for online 2-year degrees.
- Racine Journal Times. Gateway preps for Foxconn employment needs.
- Cap Times. UW-Madison faculty: Who will decide if 'hate speech' protest warrants discipline?
- Madison.com. Legality of Sauk County policy approval in question.
- Racine Journal Times. Milwaukee alderman evaluating Foxconn 'options.'
- Lodi Enterprise. In stagnant Wisconsin communities, rising public service costs could be problematic.
- WTMJ. Year-end cuts expected at Cudahy Fire Department.
- U.S. Sen. Baldwin. Supports legislation to increase funding for biomedical research.
- Wisconsin State Journal. In federal tax debate, advocates fear harm to universities, including UW-Madison.
- The Hill. Senator says tax group in 'la la land' on GOP plan.
- Bloomberg. It won't be so easy next time Congress must fund the government.
- Politico. How Trump will target the federal safety net.
- Heal Without Harm Coalition. DOJ launches investigation into Planned Parenthood's aborted fetal tissue dealings.
- Cabrera for 9th Assembly. Steps up on behalf of Democrats and announces intent to run for the 9th Assembly District.
- Koehler for 58th Assembly. Statement on endorsement from Rep. James Edming.
- Roys for Governor. Files committee enabling future gubernatorial run.
- DPW. Ads: Leah Vukmir & Kevin Nicholson are "Roy Moore's WI enablers."
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Tony Evers yanked license of teacher for watching porn, but GOP says he wasn't consistent.
- Politico. Democrats scour map for sleeper races.
- Wisconsin State Journal. More campaign donations coming from unregistered PACs since law changed.
Friday December 8, 2017
- Americans for Prosperity-Wisconsin. Governor Walker signs government leasing transparency bill into law.
- Gov. Walker. Seeks applicants for Rock County Judicial Vacancy.
- Gov. Walker. Seeks applicants for Milwaukee County judicial vacancy.
- Gov. Walker. Announces administration staff changes.
- Gov. Walker. Signs eight crime prevention and victim protection bills into law in Mount Pleasant.
- WTMJ. New drunk driving law closes ignition interlock loophole.
- Racine Journal Times. Walker signs eight bills at Mount Pleasant COP House.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Foxconn economic impact to outpace state's defense contractors, Walker says.
- Chippewa Herald. Gov. Walker visits veterans' home, remembering Pearl Harbor. Eau Claire Leader-Telegram.
- WKOW. Walker supports Trump's declaring Jerusalem as capital.
- Sen. Testin, Rep. Goyke. WI Veteran Farm Bill of 2017 signed into law.
- LAB. Report 17-20: Department of Employee Trust Funds. Briefing Sheet.
- WISC. Seeing Madison's success, lawmaker announces bill to crack down on card skimming devices.
- Oshkosh Northwestern. Assembly bill could bring changes to Oshkosh's disputed rental inspection law.
- Wisconsin State Journal. GOP lawmakers seek to increase state historic tax credits.
- WAOW. Fake news article claims pot is legal in Wisconsin.
- Racine Journal Times. Editorial: Public must be looped in on bad conduct probes.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Capitol aide: DOJ said most would quit rather than endure sexual harassment.
- WISC. Camera would be required in operating rooms under new bill.
- Professional Fire Fighters of Wisconsin. Statement on Attorney General's opinion on fire sprinklers.
- DSPS. Meetings week of Dec. 11.
- AG Schimel. Issues formal opinion regarding the application to 2011 WI Act 21 and sprinkler systems in multifamily dwellings. Opinion. Request.
- DNR. Hearings and meetings, Dec 11-17.
- Ready Wisconsin. Get your home holiday-ready - safety tips.
- U.S. News & World Report. AG: State can't enforce sprinkler rule.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. AG Brad Schimel says investigation based on Project Veritas videos is nearly done.
- NBC 15. WisDOT warns winter weather could affect Friday afternoon commute.
- Boardman & Clark. Labor & Employment Update.
- Citizens Utility Board. Xcel Energy customers face higher fixed fees, PSC misses opportunity to slash monopoly profits.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Foxconn's plans to use driverless vehicles points to potential of emerging technology.
- La Crosse Tribune. Wisconsin regulators approve Xcel Energy rate hikes.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Attorney General: Foxconn project 'imperiled' by Eau Claire lawsuit.
- Green Bay Press-Gazette. Foxconn: Potential suppliers' interest outpaces available information.
- MEUW. Crews respond to call for mutual aid in U.S. Virgin Islands.
- WEDA. Launches new website.
- Stevens Point Journal. Police killed more people in Wisconsin than in past years. Question is: Why?
- Wisconsin Public Radio. ACA stakeholders in western Wisconsin see strong health insurance sign-ups.
- Sen. Tiffany. Column: State watchmen blind to their partisanship.
- Chief Justice Roggensack. Statement on John Doe judge.
- AG Schimel. Defends key Foxconn incentive at Wisconsin Supreme Court.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. John Doe attorney disputes AG Schimel's report and says he referred case to lawyer regulators.
- Beloit Daily News. Partisan divide deepens over Walker investigation.
- Wisconsin Radio Network. Vos says report shows GAB used for 'political vendetta.'
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Attorney general says he will fix error in court filing about Journal Sentinel reporter.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. John Doe investigation into Gov. Scott Walker gathered millions of pages of records from Republicans.
- NBC 26. Islamic advocacy group files lawsuit against Wisconsin manufacturer.
- UW-Platteville. Hosts review of NASA prototypes.
- Marquette University. Lovell announces Marquette to install grotto of Blessed Virgin Mary behind St. Joan of Arc Chapel.
- UW-River Falls. To host seminar on marketing livestock.
- UW-Platteville. Education majors assist students with special needs.
- UW-Platteville. To host senior design open house.
- U.S. News & World Report. Cross: 2-year schools' teams will continue during merger.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. If your student applied to UW-Madison and is academically prepared, admission chances are 'excellent' official says.
- U.S. News & World Report. Farrow quits UW Board of Regents. Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Milwaukee Biz Times. UWM students vote against fee increase for union renovations.
- Milwaukee Ald. Rainey. City needs to do more with checking vacant city-owned properties.
- Milwaukee County Sheriff Schmidt. Sheriff's deputies, other law enforcement agencies volunteer for 11th Annual "Shop With a Cop."
- Madison Mayor Soglin. Statement in support of the Global Compact on Migration.
- Milwaukee Ald. Stamper. Condolences to the family of Andrew Tyler.
- Village of Richfield. Issues statement regarding Scenic Pit LLC. property to correct statements made.
- Green Bay Press-Gazette. Town of Sturgeon Bay 'may have to go back to gravel roads.'
- CBS 58. Too many autopsies: Milwaukee Co. Medical Examiner's Office confirms they won't lose accreditation.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. As drug deaths mount, Milwaukee's mayor pledges action.
- U.S. Rep. Sensenbrenner. Statement on DOJ investigation of abortion giant.
- One Wisconsin Now. Senator Ron Johnson's 'seat at the table' doesn't include an actual seat at the table.
- U.S. Rep. Pocan. Statement on Trump administration reversing position to attack public sector unions.
- Cap Times. Where members of Wisconsin's Congressional delegation stand on net neutrality rules.
- Daily Cardinal. UW grad students make $18,000 per year. Under a new bill, they may be taxed like they make $50,000.
- Bloomberg. Senator's shaky Obamacare deal poses challenge for tax overhaul.
- Reuters. Congress averts government shutdown for now.
- Wisconsin Right to Life. Now more than ever, Planned Parenthood must be defunded.
- Reuters. U.S. Department of Justice investigating fetal tissue transfers.
- WAOW. Demonstrators protest new neutrality in Plover.
- RPW. Sends Randy Bryce a California birthday gift.
- Mitchell for Governor. Dane County Sheriff Dave Mahoney endorses.
- DPW. Republican primary in Senate Dist. 10 turns ugly.
- Walker for Governor. ICYMI: Gov. Walker signs bills to support Wisconsin veterans.
- RPW. ICYMI: Republicans cutting taxes while Senator Baldwin picks Washington over Wisconsin.
- Columbus Journal. Columbus man running for state office.
- Cap Times. Former state Rep. Kelda Roys set to launch campaign for governor in 2018.
- Cap Times. Updated: Comprehensive list of Democrats running for Wisconsin governor.
- Cap Times. Republicans slam Wachs for vote against bill that included sexual harassment language.
- WJFW. In Rhinelander stop, Dallet appeals to middle ground in Supreme Court election.