From The Wheeler Report Blog
Episode #23. Brian is off hunting so Dan steps in this week to help out with the podcast. Gwyn and...
As published by The Wheeler Report – Friday, January 13, 1995 DOC released a year-end report showing the state’s prison...
Monday November 20, 2017 - Updated 1:04pm
- Wisconsin Taxpayers Alliance. Spending in new state budget diverges from recent trends.
- Speaker Vos. New study shows bipartisan session agreements make a positive impact. 2013 MOU. 2015 MOU.
- American Heart Association. Dispatcher assisted CPR bill aims to save Wis. lives during cardiac trauma.
- Rep. Shankland. Introduces legislation to deter consignment sale fraud.
- Wisconsin League of Conservation Voters. Conservation NOW: November 20, 2017.
- Sen. Carpenter. Jury duty is a civic responsibility.
- Cap Times. Taylor bill would protect 'innocent purchasers' in Wisconsin from huge mitigation costs.
- WXPR. Sen. Bewey says more money for rural schools needed.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Vos won't commit on several conservative bills.
- Racine Journal Times. Marsy's Law, one step closer to changing the state constitution.
- Beloit Daily News. Local Wisconsin officials considering own mining regulations.
- Assembly Campaigns and Elections Committee Democrats. Letter to Elections Commission Administrator Haas supporting request for additional positions.
- ETF. Seeks member feedback on Medicare options.
- League of Women Voters of Wisconsin. Memo to Elections Commission regarding support for funding request for additional staffing.
- Fox 11. Wisconsin Elections Commission seeking staff for security.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Lincoln Hills juvenile prison plagued with staff shortage
- Appleton Post-Crescent. U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin seeks answers on Appleton Coated closure.
- CNBC. Lockheed Martin makes its combat ship more lethal as new Navy competition heats up.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Wisconsin company hit with $1.8 million fine for 'egregious' blasts that killed five.
- WRA. October 2017 Home Sales Report.
- WAOW. White House: True cost of opioid epidemic tops $500 billion.
- Eau Claire Leader-Telegram. Paying for road taxes? User-based system could fund transportation needs in state, tax watchdog says.
- Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty. Sues state Superintendent Tony Evers.
- U.S. News & World Report. Conservative firm challenges DPI's authority again.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction, Evers ignore new law on rule making, suit says.
- UW-River Falls. Future STEM teachers receive tuition stipends for graduate program.
- UW System Student Reps. Letter to UW System President Cross regarding student representation on Merger Steering Committee.
- Wisconsin State Journal. 'Legacy of sexism' and allegations of sexual harassment mar UW-Madison department.
- Stevens Point Journal. Administrator overrules students to allow conservative group at UW-Stevens Point.
- Milwaukee County Sheriff Schmidt. Operation Drive Sober results in seven arrests.
- PDPW. Media training workshop coming to Kewaunee and Clark Counties.
- CBS 58. Milwaukee releases "Blueprint for Peace" as effort to prevent crime.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Milwaukee plan requiring downtown affordable apartments is illegal, attorney opinion says.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Confidential information of 9.500 patients at the Medical College of Wisconsin compromised.
- WKBT. Representative Kind introduced bill to manage CWD.
- Beloit Daily News. Local officials wary of tax plan's impact.
- U.S. News & World Report. Deduction targeted by GOP used by tax filers in most states.
- Bloomberg. The business tax problem causing trouble for the GOP.
- New York Times. Why a firm believer in tax cuts could derail the Senate tax cut plan.
- WISN. 'UPFRONT' recap: U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson thinks changes will be made to tax reform bill.
- Champion Group. Screnock campaign: Adds the Champion Group to campaign team.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Evers digs at rivals on Foxconn as Dems make opposing it badge of honor.
- Winona Daily News. Potential challenger to Ron Kind vows fresh ideas.
Friday November 17, 2017
- Gov. Walker. Seeks applicants for Waushara County District Attorney.
- Gov. Walker. Weekly Radio Address: Made in America, Right Here in Wisconsin.
- Badger Herald. Walker directs state agencies to avoid working with anti-Israel businesses.
- Rep. Sargent, Sen. Wirch. Democrats introduce bill to support working families, increase minimum wage to $15. LRB-0287.
- Rep. Steffen. Appointed to prison study committee.
- DrydenWire. Local lawmakers weigh in on marijuana legalization in Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Bill would make online 'catfishing' illegal in Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin Radio Network. Dem bill would require representation on legislative task forces.
- WQOW. Bill would exempt students from expulsion for having guns at school, in limited circumstances.
- WUWM. Democratic lawmakers continue to push medical marijuana legalization in Wisconsin.
- Daily Cardinal. As researchers struggle for Alzheimer's cure, lawmakers enact flurry of bipartisan bills.
- Cap Times. UW's Thompson Center critic Gordon Hintz will join event Friday, remains skeptical.
- Fox 6. "Maybe help save their lives:" Push for 'Green Alerts' would notify public of missing veterans. WTMJ.
- DWD. BLS data: Wisconsin's year-over-year job gains in manufacturing rank 2nd nationally, 1st in Midwest in October.
- DOJ. Sliver Alert helps prevent possible tragedy.
- Lower Wisconsin State Riverway Board. Archeologists to discuss effigy mounds at Muscoda Library.
- ETF. GIB approves vendor contract extensions.
- Beloit Daily News. Former Wisconsin prisons secretary penning tell-all book.
- U.S. News & World Report. Wisconsin elections head says reduced staff poses risks.
- WJFW. New DNR secretary, with Northwoods roots, looks forward to new challenges.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Youth advocates push to close Wisconsin youth prisons, call for judges to stop sending teens to Lincoln Hills.
- CNBC. (Video) Littoral combat ship rides new wave of demand.
- Racine Journal Times. Public seeks answers about Foxconn.
- Racine Journal Times. First Foxconn jobs posted.
- WFRV. Affordable Health Care coverage too expensive for many small business owners.
- Milwaukee Biz Times. State added 9,500 private sector jobs in October.
- Fox 6. Bon-Ton Stores, Inc. plans to close at least 40 locations in 2018.
- Fox 11. More deer, younger hunters expected for Wisconsin gun season.
- WXPR. Wisconsin ranks among safest deer hunting states.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Property values drop near large CAFOs, state says.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Shortage of mental health care providers hits crisis point just as more teens seek help.
- AG Schimel. Urges Supreme Court to protect prayers at public meetings.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court. OLR v. Steven Cohen.
- Door County Pulse. Milwaukee law firm officially files opioid lawsuit.
- UW-Stevens Point College Republicans. Response to Student Government Association recent statement.
- UW-Eau Claire. Researchers help police department address issues with back pain.
- UW-Madison. WARF program leader: Sale marks success for research prowess, creativity.
- UW-Platteville. Symphony Band to perform Dec. 6.
- UW-Platteville. Symphonic Wind Ensemble to perform fall concert Nov. 30.
- UW-Platteville. Speaker to address importance of diversity and inclusion in engineering education.
- UW-Platteville. Annual Women in Engineering Career Day continues to grow.
- Midwestern Higher Education Compact. Wisconsin Association of Independent Colleges and Universities' Rolf Wegenke receives tribute from higher education compact.
- CNN Money. Here's what happened to teachers after Wisconsin gutted its unions.
- Wisconsin State Journal. UW-Madison's corporate partnerships raise revenue and ethical questions.
- Daily Cardinal. Academic staff pushes back against regents' free speech policy.
- Waukesha County Exec. Farrow. Signs 2018 budget.
- Dane County Exec. Parisi. Dane County landfill gas project to enhance lake clean-up work and generate more renewable energy.
- Milwaukee County Sheriff Schmidt. Summary of saturation patrols for speed enforcement.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Milwaukee convention center expansion would cost $225 million; officials seek finance plan.
- Superior Telegram. County hopes for state prison, again.
- Baraboo News Republic. Baraboo will ask residents to vote on wheel tax.
- WISN. Billion-dollar problem: Some city of Milwaukee retirees collect pensions in their 40s.
- U.S. Rep. Kind. Introducing bipartisan bill to manage and prevent the spread of chronic wasting disease.
- U.S. Sen. Baldwin. Joined by retired Teamsters, joins Senate and House colleagues to unveil new legislation to ensure 25,000 workers and retirees in Wisconsin keep their earned pensions in full.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Jim Sensenbrenner says Ron Johnson is "strutting around like a peacock" on tax reform.
- Fox 11. Northeast Wisconsin representatives react to tax reform vote.
- Politico. Ryan gets big-and much-needed-win on tax cuts. Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- ABC News. Big House victory for GOP tax plan, but Senate fate unclear.
- DPW. GOP tax scam is a dift to Leah Vukmir & Kevin Nicholson's billionaire donors.
- Kohl for 6th Congress. Cook Political Report upgrades WI-06.
- Gundrum for 58th Assembly. Announces candidacy.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Governor candidate Tony Evers let teacher keep license after porn viewing, but high standard shielded instructor.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Baldwin backs ethics investigation of Franken.
- McClatchy DC. Wisconsin Democrats donate money given to them by Franken.