From The Wheeler Report Blog
This week on #LocalGovMatters Gwyn talks with Frank Frassetto – the WI Director of Rural Development for the U.S. Department...
Continuing with the series on the partial veto powers of the Governor of Wisconsin, this report focuses on the Write-Down...
Friday July 19, 2019 - Updated 11:56am
- U.S. News & World Report. Evers starts search for new WEDC leader.
- Sen. Marklein. There is more to the vetoes than meets the eye.
- Rep. Skowronski. Statement on Gov. Evers signing sign language interpreter licensure legislation into law.
- Sen. Darling. Calls on Evers to keep promise and fix roads not fund trolley folly.
- Cap Times. Wisconsin Republicans 'seriously considering' veto override on transportation budget measure.
- WBAY. Sen. Roth: Lawmakers will discuss dark store loophole legislation soon.
- Badger Institute. Administration should not divert state highway funds to Milwaukee streetcar.
- DWD. Unveils new broadband service technician apprenticeship.
- DNR. Outdoor Report.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Evers administration unveils $75M grant program for local transportation projects.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Milwaukee County submits proposal to get children back sooner from Lincoln Hills, Copper Lake.
- Milwaukee Biz Times. Wisconsin lost 2,300 private sector jobs in June.
- Daily Reporter. Frac-sand producer files for bankruptcy, says it owes Wisconsin contractors $13M.
- Green Bay Press Gazette. Home prices in Wisconsin rise into record territory amid tight supply, growing demand.
- NBC 26. Wisconsin unemployment ticks up to 2.9% in June.
- WI Hospitals Association. Grapentine Joins WHA as VP of Communications.
- Wisconsin State Journal. 11 rural hospitals in Wisconsin stopped delivering babies in past decade, report says.
- Marquette University. Professor named American Chemical Society Fellow.
- CBS 58. UW-Parkside falls victim to bank fraud, initial losses total $315,000.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Advisors: Earlier financial literacy could reduce high student debt.
- WISC. DPI providing $6.5 million in mental health services to Wisconsin schools.
- Milwaukee Ald. Donovan. Pilot project aims to put the brakes on reckless driving in Milwaukee.
- U.S. Sen. Baldwin. Urges Trump Administration to Invest in Dairy Innovation with Trade Aid. Letter.
- U.S. Rep. Grothman. Statement on Unaccompanied Minors.
- U.S. Rep. Gallagher. Introduces legislation to ensure transparency in prescription drug pricing.
- WISN. Wisconsin Republicans mostly silent on 'send her back' chant at Trump rally. Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Wisconsin Congressman Sean Duffy says 'anti-American' remark was misunderstood.
- Politico. House votes to raise minimum wage, uniting Dems after months-long struggle.
- CBS 58. DNC Chairman Perez lays out strategy for Dems to win Wisconsin in 2020.
Thursday July 18, 2019
- Gov. Evers. Announces Search for Next Secretary and CEO of Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation.
- WI Democracy Campaign. WDC on Gov's Veto Power.
- Gov. Evers. Seeks Applicants for Brown County Circuit Court Judge.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Gov. Tony Evers signs law changing sign language interpreter certification.
- Rep. Dittrich. Letter to DOT-Sec. Designee Thompson on State Hwy 73.
- Sen. Marklein. Statement on Governor's Transportation Funding Announcement.
- Democratic Weekly Radio Address. Fair Maps for a Fair Wisconsin. (Rep. Vining)
- Joint Audit Co-Chairs Sen. Cowles, Rep. Kerkman. Report Fraud, Waste, and Minsmanagement in State Government in Legislative Audit Bureau Hotline.
- Legislative Audit Bureau. Fraud, Waste, and Mismanagement Hotline. Briefing Sheet.
- DNR. Great Lakes and St. Lawrence States and Province Meet to Discuss Brand Road Project.
- WHEDA. Raynetta Hill of CommonBond Communities joins WHEDA board.
- WisDOT. Local governments now have access to $75 million in new transportation grants.
- DWD. Wisconsin Adds 11,800 Total Non-Farm, 11,200 Private-Sector Jobs Over Year.
- WI Lottery. All or Norhting Top Prize Claimed.
- DMA. Unmanned aeiral system crashes near Volk Field.
- Milwaukee Biz Times. WisDOT leader says Hiawatha service could add two daily round trips without Illinois' assistance.
- Governing. Medicaid work requirements face more technical and legal challenges.
- WEC Energy Group. Declares quarterly dividend.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Frac sand producer in Wisconsin declares bankruptcy.
- Wisconsin Safety Council. Be Prepared for Hot Weather.
- Delta Dental of WI. Foundation Increases Annual Seal-A-Smile Commitment.
- One Wisconsin Now. Joins Coalition Denouncing Activities of Radical Group Operation Save America.
- WI Policy Forum. Improving access to child care for low-income families in Wisconsin.
- Tax Foundation. How Well-Funded are Pension Plans in Your State?
- Alliant Energy. Holding open house on Lyndon Station electric project.
- USDA. HAs more than $400 million still available for Renewable Energy System and Energy Efficiency Loan Guarantees.
- Forward Analytics. An Economic Evoluation: Job Growth, Pay and Education Since 2012. Report.
- Cap Times. A justice's legacy: With Shirley Abrahamson's retirement, local women in law reflect on changing landscape.
- Fox 6. 'It's essentially junk:' $7.5M bite mark settlement underscores national call for better forensic evidence.
- Marquette University. Marquette Professor Shion Guha Receives Young Scholar Award.
- UW Whitewater. Chrisman's $5 million gift is largest in UW-Whitewater history.
- UW System. Aaron Seligman named Director of UW System's office of Educational Opportunity.
- UW Stout. State science, technology symposium July 22-23 on campus.
- UW Madison. Cosmic ray exhibits, conference explore the universe's mysteries.
- DPI. Department awards $6.5 million in school mental health grants.
- UW-Stout. Mental health concerns top Dunn County Community Health Needs survey.
- Madison Mayor Satya Rhodes-Conway. Statement on Operation Save America.
- WI Dairy Alliance. Burnett County Attempting to Pass Unlawful Moratorium on CAFO Facilities.
- Milwaukee Cty Exec Abele. Milwaukee County Officials remind residents to take precautions during the hot weather. Complete List of Cooling Centers.
- Beloit Daily News. County board to vote on putting Medicaid referendum on ballot.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Mini cell towers could be coming to Madison's streets, city officials fear lack of oversight.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. 1,900 lead service lines replaced as Milwaukee Water Works contends with contractor shortage.
- WJFW. Improperly disposed needles force Oneida County Solid Waste to shut down recycling center.
- WBAY. High waters along Lake Michigan causing erosion issues for homeowners.
- WKBT. WI Attorney General Kaul backs a more straight forward bond system.
- U.S. Rep. Sensenbrenner. Statement on Bill to Slow Economy. CBO report.
- U.S. Rep. Pocan. Leads Members of Congress in Unveiling Bold Legislation to Fundamentally Reform the Private Equity Industry.
- U.S. Rep. Pocan. Statement following House passage of the Raise the Wage Act.
- U.S. Sen. Baldwin. Baldwin, Warren, Brown, Pocal, Jayapal, Colleagues unveil bold legislation to fundamentally reform the private equity industry.
- The Hill. Administration pushes back on quick budget deal: "We have a way to go.'
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Hagedorn, Neubauer set spending record in Wisconsin Supreme Court race.