From The Wheeler Report Blog
Lakeland University, located in Plymouth, Wisconsin, started an innovative cooperative education program in 2017, and their results are positive, including...
The cost of higher education, accessibility to higher education, workforce development, and college preparation have been the overwhelming themes to...
Tuesday November 12, 2019 - Updated 4:47pm
- Various Organizations. Letter to Gov. Evers regarding AB-426.
- Gov. Evers. Signs Executive Order #59 relating to diversity, equity, and inclusion in state government.
- Madison.com. Tony Evers again under fire for open records adherence. Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
Assembly Floor Session
- Rep. Hintz. Honors Oshkosh North softball team.
- Sens. Testin, Taylor; Reps. Kurtz, Considine. Hemp legislation moves to the governor's desk.
- Rep. Ballweg. Assembly passes two bills.
- Rep. Ohnstad. Bipartisan bill regulating public insurance adjusters unanimously passes Assembly.
- Rep. Dittrich. Honors Hometown Hero Marty Calderon.
- Rep. Tusler. Courts creation bill clears legislative hurdle.
- AB-047 Minor guardianship legislation takes next step.
- Rep. Nygren. Hometown Hero honored.
- Rep. Shankland. Letter to Ascension regarding Project Nightingale.
- Rep. James. Column: Mental health care can't wait.
- Rep. Stubbs. Introduces bill to create Council for Equity and Inclusion and the Office for Equity and Inclusion.
- Fox Cities Advocates for Public Education. Legislators earn grades, too!
- Wisconsin Public Education Network. Lawmakers held accountable for votes on education with report cards.
- Fox 6. GOP lawmaker introduces resolution to declare Capitol evergreen the "Wisconsin State Christmas Tree." Wisconsin State Journal.
- New York Times. New normal in key state for 2020 race: Political deadlock.
- Racine Journal Times. Legislators mixed on special session on gun bills.
- WTMJ. Wisconsin Tourism Secretary designee Sara Meaney responds accusations she 'politicized' department.
- DWD. Visits STATZ Corporation in Middleton to recognize veteran hiring.
- Wisconsin Elections Commission. Announces MyVote Wisconsin outage.
- DHS. Protect family and friends this holiday season: Get a flu shot.
- DNR. Celebrates America Recycles Day.
- UW System, WEDC. Introduce online "how to" talent generator.
- Wisconsin Water Alliance. Statement ahead of DNR's PFAS-related public hearing.
- Wisconsin Lottery. $50,000 Green Bay Powerball winner claims prize.
- ETF. Preliminary WRS investment performance.
- Kenosha News. DNR to hold hearings on PFAS standards; treatment could cost more than $25M for large water utilities.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Fired Wisconsin Agriculture Secretary Brad Pfaff gets new job in Evers administration. Wisconsin State Journal. Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- ABC of Wisconsin. Former Lt. Gov. Kleefisch partners with ABC of Wisconsin.
- MarketWatch. Dean Foods files for bankruptcy, in talks to sell substantially all of its assets.
- WUWM. Wisconsin's unemployment disparity between blacks & whites is worst in the United States.
- The Midwest Council. Re-launches at critical time for business.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court. State v. Matthew C. Hinkle.
- Reuters. Supreme Court to hear Trump bid to end safeguards for 'Dreamers.'
- AAUP Wisconsin, AFT-Wisconsin Higher Education Council. Statement on UW System Preisdent search.
- UW-Platteville. Horrific Crime Scene Revisited exhibit offers mystery, intrigue.
- UW-Platteville. Midwest Culturally Inclusive Conference to return in February.
- UW-Platteville. Hosts 47th annual High School Mathematics Contest.
- Alverno College. Receives platinum seal for excellence in student voter engagement.
- UW-Madison. "Stories from the Flood" recount suffering, resilience in Kickapoo Valley towns.
- Marquette University. College of Nursing to host discussion on health care and politics.
- UW-Stout. Reminiscence Speaker Series to feature retired vice chancellor.
- ACLU of Wisconsin. Calls on Menomonee Falls to retire racist mascot.
- UW-Madison. Ada Deer, champion of women's and Native American rights, to discuss memoir Nov. 19.
- DPI. Most schools and districts meet expectations in 2018-19 report cards.
- U.S. News & World Report. Most Wisconsin schools, districts meet expectations.
- Fox 6. Menomonee Falls superintendent recommends retiring 'Indians' mascot at the end of the school year.
- ACLU of Wisconsin. Calls on Lafayette County Board to reject resolution suppressing free speech.
- Milwaukee County Sup. Schmitt. Finance Chair thanks colleagues, applauds county staff for work on 2020 budget.
- Milwaukee County Board Chairman Lipscomb. Supervisors adopt 2020 county budget.
- Racine Mayor Mason. And Cardinal Capital Group finalize terms for Ajax.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. As snow falls, some counties have already exhausted winter plowing budgets.
- U.S. News & World Report. Meeting on proposal to prosecute journalists back on. Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- WAOW. Non-profits could lose financial support from Marathon Co. in 2020 budget.
- Cap Times. Dane County Board approves $663 million in spending for 2020 budgets.
- WQOW. Clear Creek Town Boar passes wind farm moratorium.
- U.S. Rep. Grothman. Introduces bipartisan Veterans and Consumers Fair Credit Act.
- Wisconsin Catholic Conference. Supports federal protections against predatory lending.
- U.S. Sen. Baldwin. And Democrats unveil new report detailing how Trump administration mismanaged payments to farmers for trade damages.
- WISPIRG. Leads fight to rein in payday lending.
- U.S. Reps. Gallagher, Crow. Introduce bill to authorize GWOT Memorial on National Mall.
- The Hill. Ex-Rep. Duffy to join lobbying firm BGR.
- WXOW. Rep. Ron Kind wants open spaces for veterans.
- AP. U.S. held record number of migrant kids in custody in 2019.
- AP. Impeachment aside, federal budget remains a pressing matter.
- Karofsky for Wisconsin Supreme Court. Barbara Lawton and Kathleen Falk endorse.
- Kapenga for Senate. Congressional announcement.
- Dane County Democratic Party. Select new board.
- WKBT. Ed Fallone announces bid for Wisconsin Supreme Court.
Monday November 11, 2019
- Gov. Evers. Grants pardons to eight individuals.
- Kenosha News. State of Wisconsin, UW-Madison to raise minimum hourly wage for employees to $15. Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Fox 6. Denied: Staff shield Governor Tony Evers' emails from public access.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Tony Evers seeks science-related ornaments for the Capitol's renamed 'Holiday Tree.'
- Chippewa Herald. With 'holiday tree' and 'National Bible Week.' church-state controversy begins anew.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Robin Vos raps Tony Evers over appointment to obscure federal relations office.
- U.S. News & World Report. Wisconsin Gov. Evers issues 8 more pardons. Wisconsin State Journal. Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Rep. Taylor. Honors veterans and calls for protections for survivors of military sexual assault.
- Rep. Steineke. To be named Assembly 'Hometown Hero.": De Pere High Schooler. Former State Senator. Green Bay 8th Grader. Community Advocate.
- Sen. Shilling. Co-authors veterans tax credit bill.
- Rep. Kurtz. Column: Behind every veteran, a story.
- Rep. Sanfelippo. Lack of traffic enforcement putting lives at risk.
- Rep. Vruwink. Column: Saving for our future.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Assembly to take up hemp regulation, Bible Week resolution in Tuesday session.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Here's how a New Berlin legislator is trying to stop prostitution at local massage parlors.
- Courthouse News Service. Wisconsin legislative session on guns over in one minute.
- WISN. 'UPFRONT' recap: Assembly Speaker says governor is playing politics with special session.
- WKOW. Mt. Horeb gun shop says storage program successful, hopes new bill allows it to spread.
- DWD. Governor Evers declares Nov. 11-17 Apprenticeship Week in Wisconsin.
- DOA. Brad Pfaff joins DOA as Director of Business and Rural Development.
- DOT. State Patrol now accepting applications for troopers/inspectors.
- DMA. Veterans, we salute you.
- Daily Reporter. WEDC deputy secretary departs for J.P. Cullen.
- Wisconsin Veterans Chamber of Commerce. Announces Logistics Health Incorporated as first Five Star employer.
- American Heart Association. Vaping Report.
- USA Today. Scores of records could fall as cold, snow, ice sweep across nation.
- Wisconsin Watch. Wisconsinites use cannabis as a medicine, but research and the law are not on their side.
- Wisconsin Civil Justice Council. Issues 2019 Guide to the Wisconsin Supreme Court and Judicial Evaluation.
- Courthouse News Service. Wisconsin GOP blocked from intervening in abortion case.
- Edgewood College. Board of Trustees announces presidential search firm, committee.
- UW-Whitewater. Among the top five percent of universities nationwide for veterans.
- Marquette University. Offices of Community, Corporate Engagement to unite as Office of Economic Engagement.
- Marquette University. Community Engagement Symposium to be held Nov. 12.
- UW-Platteville. Criminal justice students gain critical skills during drill with area SWAT team.
- UW-Platteville. Alumna's business to be featured in Etsy holiday ad.
- Marquette University. To cohost Social Justice Summit with NO STUDIOS.
- UW-Madison. Injectable, flexible electrode could replace rigid nerve-stimulating implants.
- Appleton Post Crescent. After unapologetically teaching to the ACT, this tiny Wisconsin district now ranks among the state's best.
- Oshkosh Examiner. State amends charges against former UWO officials.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Regents criticized for not including faculty, staff, students on UW president search committee.
- Milwaukee County Sheriff Lucas. Cracks down on reckless driving.
- Solidarity Realty. Madison real estate firm tallies F-35 - afftected property values.
- Milwaukee Ald. Donovan. It's time we rethink County government.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Lafayette County Board's resolution warning media about water quality coverage dropped.
- Cap Times. Layfayette County resolution claims area 'falsely slandered,' seeks to restrict well test results. WISC.
- WJFW. Health department grants funds Vilas Co. 'jail recovery program' through 2020.
- Cap Times. More than 8,000 in Wisconsin could lose free/reduced lunch under proposed federal rule change.
- Fox 11. Baldwin says Johnson needs to make a decision on impeachment.
- Politico. Sen. Ron Johnson says he's 'sympathetic' to Trump rationale for freezing Ukraine aid.
- Church for 7th Congress. Statement on Veteran's Day.
- WIN2020. Wisconsin GOP chair details party's plan to WIN2020.
- WSAU. GOP debate scheduled for 7th Congressional District special election.