From The Wheeler Report Blog
Gwyn continues to travel to the Joint Finance Committee public hearings on Governor Evers 2019-21 proposed state budget. On Monday,...
Gwyn is traveling the state with the Joint Finance Committee listening to the public testimony on Governor Evers 2019-21 proposed...
Wednesday April 24, 2019 - Updated 5:26pm
- One Wisconsin Now. ICYMI: News reports reveal Foxconn initiated discussion on possible contract changes.
- Gov. Evers. And Sen. Baldwin announce comprehensive review of Wisconsin National Guard's processes on sexual assault and harassment.
- RPW. ICYMI: Governor Evers promises to veto 'born alive' bill.
- Gov. Evers. Seeks applicants for Register of Deeds of Ashland County.
- Cap Times. National Guard Bureau confirms it will investigate Wisconsin Army National Guard units.
- U.S. News & World Report. Foxconn says it's looking for 'flexibility' with Wisconsin.
- CNBC. Foxconn and Wisconsin are renegotiating their massive factory deal, governor's letter reveals. Chippewa Herald.
- Milwaukee Biz Times. Evers says Foxconn was first to suggest changing contract. Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- The Hill. Wisconsin governor promises veto if 'born alive' abortion bill advances.
- IUPAT DC7. Supports Governor Evers' Budget.
- Wisconsin Personal Services Association. People with disabilites, caregivers and providers ask Joint Finance Committee to save personal care.
- Wisconsin Building Trades Council. 40,000 membersw praise Governor Evers' Peoples' Budget.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Tony Evers' special ed proposal would pump $212 million into schools in southeastern Wisconsin.
- WBAY. Governor Evers gets public input on budget in Oshkosh.
- Rep. Tranel. Statement on the passing of former state Representative Ed Brooks.
- Sen. Jacque. Column: Protecting public investment, taxpayers and local business.
- Rep. Zamarripa. Voucher school fails students and parents.
- Rep. Hebl. Column: Plans environmental friendly legislation.
- Rep. Myers. Introduces legislation aimed at increasing the number of certified teachers.
- Sen. Carpenter. Lottery windfall money should be dedicated for local road aids. LFB Memo
- Sen. Smith. Earth Day should be every day.
- NBC 26. GOP bill would keep lottery winners secret. WISC.
- WJFW. Wisconsin senate bill proposes ban on race, sex and disability-based abortions.
- The Hill. Trump tax cuts help state revenues rebound.
- Wisconsin State Journal. UW System grads from out of state could 'earn' in-state tuition under bill.
- Dept. of Revenue. Maria Guerra Lapacek Appointed Assistant Deputy Secretary.
- WI Dept. of Corrections. Offers Veterans Resources to incarcerated people.
- DWD. March local employment and unemployment data released.
- Wisconsin Lottery. National Take a Chance Day produces trio of lotto wins.
- WEDC. Names new communications director.
- DNR. Commits $4.3 million to Portage Canal cleanup.
- Cap Times. Wisconsin DNR secretary: Climate change an environmental justice issue.
- NBC 15. Authorities address opioid addiction with 'Drug Take Back Day.'
- CBS 58. Lt. Gov. Mandela Barnes tours UWM School of Freshwater Sciences.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Wisconsin farmer groups call for ending tariffs, passing USMCA.
- Midwest Food Products Association. Food Products Association Names Culotta as New President.
- District II Court of Appeals. State v. Mose B. Coffee.
- U.S. News & World Report. Judge denies Republicans' attempt to join abortion lawsuit.
- AP. Supreme Court struggles with Wisconsin drunken driving law.
- UW Stout. New motion capture studio gives students latest animation technology.
- Marquette University. Alumni National Awards 2019: Marquette University Alumni, Friends to be Honored for Excellence.
- UW Platteville. Students, faculty, staff, alumni present research at 4W Summit.
- UW Platteville. Students take charge in 2019 One Act Festival.
- UW Platteville. Dairy Program woul grow under new bill.
- UW-Madison. New data on UW-Madison graduates support value of college degrees.
- Milwaukee Council President Hamilton. Thoughts on the passing of Joe Bartolotta.
- Milwaukee Cty Exec Abele & Chairman Lipscomb. Celebrate the Senior Statesmen.
- Madison Mayor Rhodes-Conway. Announces new Deputy Mayor.
- Madison & Dane County Public Health. Wisconsin Wins tobacco & nicotine compliance checks see improvement.
- Kewaunee County. Local students to participate in mock trial as part of Youth Government Day.
- DrydenWire. 'St. Croix Five' seek justice.
- Racine Journal Times. MOUNT PLEASANT: Firm proposes 25% hike for Foxconn Project management.
- Fox 6. Analysis of FBI crime data shows Milwaukee is the 6th most dangerous big city in America.
- Fox 6. District Attorney John Chisholm: Criminal investigation continues into MHD lead abatement programs.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Conservation groups speak out against rolling back wetland, stream protections.
- Appleton Post Crescent. Wisconsin lawmakers give mixed response to Trump's rally in Green Bay on Saturday.
- WKOW. Presidential candidate Cory Booker talks gun violence & eyeing to win competitive WI.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Tom Perez says Milwaukee convention an opportunity to organize across Midwest.
Tuesday April 23, 2019
- Governor Evers. Letter to Dr. Woo of Foxconn regarding contract.
- River Alliance of Wisconsin. And Gov. Evers, Lt. Gov. Barnes recognize innovative farmers at Earth Day farm visit.
- The Hill. New governors chart ambitious paths in first 100 days.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Tony Evers will veto 'born alive' abortion bill advanced by GOP lawmakers.
- CBS 3. Wisconsin governor to speak at Superior Veterans Expo.
- WBAY. Gov. Evers visits Greenleaf farm for Earth Day. Fox 11.
- Rep. Hesselbein. Chippewa Falls resident echo state support of Medicaid expansion.
- Wisconsin's Green Fire. State budget could help farmers protect water quality.
- Wisconsin State Journal. DOT chief: State 'reinvigorating' study of improvements to Madison beltline.
- Rep. Hintz. Welcomes Governor Evers to Oshkosh.
- Rep. Pope. Voucher School Fails Bog on Safety and Transparency.
- Sen. Erpenbach and Rep. Considine. Happy to see DNR commitment to clearning up Portage Canal.
- Rep. Steineke. Testifies for homelessness legislation.
- Rep. Snyder. Testifies on homelessness bill package.
- And colleagues urge support for legislation to curb homelessness.
- Rep. James. Bill on homelessness gets public hearing.
- Speaker Vos, Rep. Tauchen. Introduce Lottery Privacy Act. LRB-2776
- Rep. Sanfelippo. Column: The road to a sustainable DOT does not require a tax increase.
- Rep. Bowen. Medical marijuana would provide an eocnomic boost to Wisconsin.
- Americans for Prosperity-Wisconsin. Closes out Second Chance Month with new campaign.
- Rep. Oldenburg. To hold more in-district office hours.
- Rep. Hintz. Earth Day in Wisconsin.
- WUWM. Families call on Wisconsin lawmakers to take action on dyslexia.
- DMA. May 1 is NOAA WEather Radio All Hazards Day in Wisconsin.
- State Treasurer Godlewski. And Sec.-designee Blumenfeld, and Executive Secretary Hutchison discuss problem of student loan debt in Wiscconsin.
- DFI. Be an informed investor on cross-selling.
- DOJ. Cecil man pleads guilty for luring investors to company and embezzling funds.
- DATCP. Issues poultry testing waiver due to antigen shortage.
- Wisconsin Radio Network. Wisconsin DMV recommends getting REAL ID soon before federal enforcement starts.
- WSAW. Wisconsin cracks down on illegal card skimmers.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Harley-Davidson eyes European production to avoid escalating tariffs.
- U.S. News & World Report. Wisconsin Economic Development head defends Foxconn contract. Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Proposed $20M CAFO stirs up debate in northern Wisconsin.
- CNBC. Trump vows to 'reciprocate' against EU tariffs after Harley reports nearly 27% drop in profit.
- Reuters. Harley-Davidson profit tops estimates as Trump weighs in.
- New York Times. Wisconsin woman used hacked Facebook accounts to recruit for ISIS, prosecutors say.
- WI Institute for Law & Liberty. Former Lawmakers, WILL Enter Extraordinary Lawsuit. Amicus Brief.
- Common Cause in Wisconsin, Fair Elections Center. And others challenge Wisconsin's requirements for student IDs used as voter ID.
- League of Wisconsin Municipalities. Another dark store attempt fails.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court. Maple Grove Country Club v. Maple Grove Estates Sanitary District.
- Reuters. Trump on track for Supreme Court victory on census citizenship question.
- Fox 11. Federal lawsuit challenges Wisconsin student voter ID law.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. A Wisconsin DUI case in which police drew blood from an unconscious man is headed to the U.S. Supreme Court.
- WKBT. Western Wisconsin residents suing a pair of hi-Crush facilities.
- UW-Stevens Point. Apply for free.
- UW-Stout. Dance Ensemble recitals to feature music from 1700s to present.
- UW-Madison. New marching band director to take the baton.
- UW-Madison. Professor will study digital political ads with Carnegie Fellowship.
- WISC. Reedsburg is making school breakfast free districtwide, an outlier in a state ranked last in nation.
- Milwaukee Cty Exec Abele. Announces next phase of development for the Park East Corridor.
- Dane County Exec. Parisi. Henry Vilas Zoo, Brookfield Zoo, Cincinnati Zoo team on first ever effort to help polar bear population.
- EPA. Water chief visits Milwaukee on Earth Day and thanks water utility workers for protecting the environment.
- Milwaukee Ald. Rainey. Protecting our kids from gun violence is paramount.
- Milwaukee Biz Times. Report recommends Milwaukee County hold off on industrial hemp at Mitchell Park.
- Chippewa Herald. Grants would pay farmers to prevent pollution by switching from corn crops to grazing.
- WBAY. High water and flooding continues to be a concern in Shiocton.
- WFRV. New London residents prepare for worsening flooding conditions.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Weakened levee on Wisconsin River causes evacuation.
- U.S. Reps. Steil, Krishnamoorthi. Announce Middle Class Jobs Caucus priorities.