From The Wheeler Report Blog
This week in anticipation of Valentine’s Day – Gwyn interviews Syovata Edari – a Master Chocolatier and owner of the...
This week Gwyn is joined by: Jeff Robbins – Director of Sun Prairie Media Center Ryan VanLanduyt – Director of...
Tuesday February 19, 2019 - Updated 11:12am
- Wisconsin Personal Services Association. Statement on the Governor's Task Force on Caregiving.
- Wisconsin Family and Caregiver Support Alliance. Family caregivers celebrate creation of Wisconsin Task Force on Caregiving issues.
- Wisconsin Assisted Living Association. Commends Gov. Evers on creation of Caregiving Task Force.
- WHCA/WiCAL. Supports Gov. Evers creation of Caregiver Taskforce.
- Wisconsin BPDD. Supports Executive Order creating Caregiver Task Force.
- The Arc Wisconsin. Thanks Governor Evers for establishing the Task Force on Cargiving.
- Leading Age Wisconsin. Applauds governor's creation of Cargiver Task Force.
- Survival Coalition. Applauds executive order announcing Cargiver Task Force.
- Gov. Evers. Creates Governor's Task Force on Caregiving. Executive Order #11.
- Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty. Medicaid expansion to cost Wisconsinites $600 million per year.
- NFIB Wisconsin. Small business says plug the loophole.
- Rep. Neubauer. Governor Evers to legalize medical marijuana and decriminalize marijuana.
- State Bar of Wisconsin. Statement on criminal justice package.
- WQOW. Eau Claire County Sheriff has concerns with Gov. Evers' pot proposal.
- Fox 11. Lawmakers and organizations react to Gov. Evers' marijuana proposals.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Gov. Tony Evers proposes medical marijuana legalization. Oshkosh Northwestern. WKOW.
- WKOW. Dane County DA hopes state budget includes new prosecutor jobs.
- Cap Times. Wisconsin Republican lawmakers propose pay raise for attorneys who represent poor defendants. WJFW. WSAW. Fox 6. Wausau Daily Herald. Racine Journal Times.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Tony Evers' proposed initiatives on access to dental care: 'Putting money where the mouth is.'
- Sen. Cowles. To host listening sessions on Friday.
- Racine Journal Times. Miller Park Tax debate; proposed bill calls for end of tax but district calls it 'unconstitutional.'
- AG Kaul. Statement on President Trump's national emergency proclamation.
- NBC 15. Kaul rips wall declaration, stops short of joining lawsuit.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. DNR proposes major land deal in northern Wisconsin for recreation, logging.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Wisconsin Historical Society seeks input on proposed $120 million museum.
- WEAU. Lt. Governor discusses Eau Claire's economy during annual luncheon.
- NBC 15. Anti-fraud initiatives saved WI taxpayers more than $416 million over 10 years.
- AP. I owe how much? Americans shocked by impact of new tax law.
- WAOW. OB-GYN shortage impacting women throughout Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court. OLR v. Patrick Sweeney.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court. State v. C.L.K.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court. Accepts two new cases.
- UW-Platteville. To host 52nd annual band camp.
- UW-Platteville. Students and faculty present at materials and manufacturing symposium.
- UW-Platteville. Faculty forum to examine impact of Ojibwe land use on Boundary Waters forests.
- UW-Stout. South Koreans visit campus as part of student exchange.
- UW-Stout. Hmong Education Conference Feb. 23 to focus on relationships.
- Milwaukee Council President Hamilton. Jointly signed letter to Mayor Barrett.
- End Domestic Abuse Wisconsin. If President Trump needs an emergency, advocates suggest an option based in reality: domestic violence.
- Reuters. U.S. states sue Trump administration in showdown over border wall funds.
- One Wisconsin Now. Brian Hagedorn sees state Supreme Court as venue to advance partisan, political agenda.
- Hagedorn for Wisconsin Supreme Court. Releases first TV ad: "Lily."
- U.S. News & World Report. Hagedorn focuses on adoption in first Supreme Court ad.
Monday February 18, 2019
- Fox 6. Gov. Evers orders flags to half-staff in honor of fallen DPW employee Bryan Rodriguez.
- Rep. Zamarripa. Statement on Gov. Evers plan to legalize medical marijuana.
- Rep. Felzkowski. Calls for criminal justice reform.
- Rep. Sanfelippo. Slams Gov. Evers's plan for marijuana decriminalization.
- Reps. Oldenburg, Kurtz, VanderMeer. Area legislators call for cirminal justice reform.
- Wisconsin Federation of Nurses & Health Professionals. Supports Gov. Evers proposal to legalize medical marijuana.
- Rep. Tusler. Announces support for community safety proposal.
- Speaker Vos. Statement on Governor Evers' marijuana proposal.
- Rep. Snyder. Central Wisconsin legislators call for criminal justice reform.
- Rep. Born. Calls for criminal justice reform.
- Rep. Loudenbeck. Statement on proposed investments in criminal justice.
- WMC. Recreational marijuana decriminalization would negatively impact worker safety.
- Sen. Shilling. Backs Gov. Evers' medical marijuana push.
- Rep. Steineke. Northeast Wisconsin lawmakers call for criminal justice reform.
- SPD Thompson. Statement on Assembly Republicans' announcement regarding criminal justice priorities for the 2019 biennial budget.
- Rep. Sinicki. Praises Governor Evers' move to end marijuana ban.
- Speaker Vos. Assembly Republicans unveil package of criminal justice reforms.
- Rep. Schraa. Northeast Wisconsin lawmakers call for criminal justice reform.
- Rep. Taylor. Echoes support for governor's medical marijuana plan.
- Rep. Steffen. Northeast Wisconsin lawmakers call for criminal justice reform.
- Rep. Bowen. Applauds Governor Evers' marijuana proposals.
- Reps. James, Petryk. Eau Claire area lawmakers call for criminal justice reforms in state budget.
- Rep. Fields. Governor Evers to propose marijuana reforms.
- Sen. Erpenbach. Applauds Gov. Evers' medical marijuana proposal.
- Rep. Sargent. Ending the prohibition on marijuana will help our communities.
- Gov. Evers. Announces proposal to reform Wisconsin's marijuana laws.
- Wisconsin Justice Initiative. Supports Gov. Evers' cannabis initiative.
- Rep. Sargent. Gov. Evers announces first steps towards marijuana legalization.
- Manitowoc Herald Times Reporter. Attorneys representing poor defendants would get a pay boost under legislative plan.
- Milwaukee Biz Times. Evers' budget to include changes to marijuana laws.
- NBC News. Wisconsin governor announces proposal to decriminalize marijuana possession, legalize medical use.
- Fox 6. 'It's time:' Gov. Tony Evers announces proposal to reform Wisconisn's marijuana laws.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Tony Evers says his marijuana decriminalization plan targets Wisconsin's racial disparities.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Gov. Tony Evers calls for decriminalization of recreational marijuana use.
- Chippewa Herald. Tony Evers to propose pot decriminalization in budget, medical use for cancer, PTSD, chronic pain. WKOW. WISC.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Northern counties lobby state for more child welfare funding.
- Wisconsin Primary Health Care Asociation. Support for dental therapy.
- Wisconsin Dental Association. Opposes LRB-1947.
- Rep. Ballweg. Column: Career and Technical Education Month.
- Eau Claire Leader-Telegram. Ex-state senator's home destroyed by fire.
- Racine Journal Times. Vos awaits opinions from Evers, Kaul on wedding barns serving alcohol.
- Wisconsin BPDD. Employing young adults with barriers: Finding workforce solutions, a community conversation.
- AG Kaul. Calls on federal government to protect consumers.
- DOR. Stepped-up identity theft protection efforts protect taxpayers.
- Wisconsin Elections Commission. Receives federal honor for election security training.
- DOT. It's not too late to obtain an ID to vote in the Spring Primary.
- Wisconsin Lottery. Jackpot win highlights Badger 5 birthday weekend.
- WEDC. Conagra Brands expanding Birds Eye Foods operations in Beaver Dam.
- WXPR. Acting Tourism Dept. Secretary Sara Meaney talks travel.
- Spectrum News. Wisconsin works to create opportunities for military wives.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Oversupply of milk continues to erode farmers' bottom line.
- Janesville Gazette. Dairy farms vanish as agriculture struggles.
- Bloomberg. U.S. student debt in 'serious delinquency' tops $166 billion.
- Reuters. U.S. agency submits auto tariff probe report to White House.
- Lake Forest-Lake Bluff Patch. Foxconn flood impact, water quality study set for public release.
- The Hill. Experts warn of deadly disease infecting deer across U.S.
- Wisconsin Realtors Association. January 2019 Home Sales Report.
- U.S. News & World Report. Wisconsin nursing homes face funding shortfalls, few workers.
- Wisconsin Watch. Controversial algorithms help decide who stays in jail before trial.
- Marquette University. Best-selling author and former USA Today editor-in-chief Joanne Lipman to speak on Feb. 21.
- DPI. Hearing March 4 on emergency rules for Early College Credit program.
- Dane County Exec. Parisi. Announces land purchase for Lower Yahara River Trail and Door Creek Wildlife Area.
- Marquette University. To host annual Three Minute Thesis competition; Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett will serve as a judge.
- Racine Mayor Mason. Proposes $15 minimum wage for city workers.
- Milwaukee Ald. Zielinski. City's misplaced priorities leaving residents and businesses buried this winter.
- NEWaukee. Announces YPWeek 2019 host communities, program lineup.
- Fox 6. Rep. Grothman says 'compromise' funding bill has provision that puts children in harms way.
- AP. White House indicates Trump to veto disapproval of emergency.
- Politico. Senate Homeland chief weighs Trump rebuke on emergency declaration.
- Janesville Gazette. Rep. Steil taking dim view of 'national emergency.'
- Wisconsin State Journal. Some Wisconsin Republicans wary of President Trump's emergency declaration. Fox 11.
- Wisconsin Democracy Campaign. Trump's in touch with his inner fascist.
- Hagedorn for Wisconsin Supreme Court. Launches "Volunteer From Home" page at HagedornHQ.com.
- College Republican Federation of Wisconsin. Beto O'Rourke offers failed policies that are too radical for Wisconsin.
- Twin-Cities Pioneer Press. Amy Klobuchar vows to bridge rural-urban divide during first presidential campaign stop in Wisconsin.
- The Hill. Klobuchar, O'Rourke visit Wisconsin as 2020 race heats up.
- WiscNews. Tammy Baldwin says she isn't running for president, but her re-election is a blueprint for others.