Friday July 31, 2015 - Updated 4:19pm
- Gov. Walker. Appoints District II Court of Appeals judge.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Scott Walker appoints chief legal counsel to appeals court.
- Janesville Gazette. Walker taps his chief attorney to serve as appellate court judge.
- Sen. Taylor. Announces Senate District 4 national night out.
- Reps. Ohnstad, Kerkman; Sen. Wirch. Kenosha area legislators introduce good samaritan bill.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. State finances a head scratcher? Here's some budget clarity.
- Beloit Daily News. Citizens loud on records: Loudenbeck's office flooded by complaints.
- WISN. Wisconsin state senator drafts bill to regulate exotic pets.
- DNR. Public hearings and meetings August 3-9, 2015.
- DOR. Statement of changes in equalized values - 1999 through 2014.
- DOR. Preliminary statement of changes in equalized values for 2015 - expanded version.
- GAB. Issues polling place accessibility report.
- DWD. Meetings and hearings, August 3-7.
- DNR. Outdoor Report.
- WISC. Staff shortages, forced OT raise questions about Portage prison.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Editorial: Reorganization holds promise, but agency needs more employees.
- Working Families Party. Launches in Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin Wins with Natural Gas Vehicles. Finally, the feds give natural gas vehicles a fair deal on taxes.
- Wisconsin Property Taxpayers. Welcomes new legislative director.
- USA Today. Army faces recruit deficit, may miss '15 goal.
- District III Court of Appeals. Albert D. Moustakis v. State of Wisconsin Department of Justice.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Lawsuit alleges public schools violating Americans with Disabilities Act.
- MPS. To celebrate state of year-round schools building on past achievements and focused on future successes.
- UW-Stout. Industrial design students take top two awards in contest.
- UW-Stout. Faculty awarded apparel professorship, engineering endowments.
- UW-Madison. Urban Horticulture Day set for Aug. 15.
- UW-Extension, UW System, WEDC. Deadline is approaching for SBIR Advance grant.
- MPS. Board approves Milwaukee Excellence Charter School proposal.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. UW-Madison, two-year campuses hope to increase associate degree holders.
- Madison Mayor Soglin. Weekly schedule August 3-9, 2015.
- Milwaukee Alderman Hamilton. Invites residents to participate in vacant lot challenge.
- Wisconsin Technology Council. Venture investor to discuss NEW Capitol Fund at WIN-Northeast Aug. 20 luncheon in Appleton.
- Milwaukee County Transit System. The Best Ride to the Wisconsin State Fair.
- Milwaukee County Exec. Abele. Welcomes new County Board Chair.
- Chippewa Herald. Largest sand mine plans draw comments.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Paul Soglin proposes time limit on benches, sidewalks Downtown.
- Appleton Post Crescent. Demonstrators rally over Planned Parenthood videos.
- Wisconsin Right to Life. U.S. Senate votes Monday to defund nation's largest abortion provider.
- U.S. Sen. Baldwin. Introduces bipartisan, bicameral bill to protect American intellectual property.
- U.S. Sen. Baldwin. Statement on Pentagon actions to increase safety and security at military facilities.
- U.S. Reps. Sensenbrenner, Davis. Reintroduce the Second Chance Reauthorization Act.
- USA Today. Family planning budgets in crisis before Planned Parenthood controversy.
- Reuters. Pentagon chief gives nod to arm more troops in U.S. after shooting.
- Oshkosh Northwestern. Whistle-blowers blast new VA watchdog.
- Bloomberg. Wisconsin roofing billionaire is top donor to Walker super-PAC.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Wisconsin Club for Growth leader calls for higher campaign contribution limits.
Thursday July 30, 2015
- Chippewa Herald. Governor sets special election to fill open Assembly seat.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Scott Walker's office pushed for language to gut open records law.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Email links Scott Walker to open records changes.
- Reps. Steineke, Nygren. Column: Arena deal will help fund Wisconsin's priorities.
- Sen. Risser. Weekly Democratic radio address.
- Wisconsin Urban & Rural Transit Association. "Transit preparing to meet state fiscal challenges...and several new service opportunities."
- Chippewa Herald. Media advocates: Law doesn't need changes for body cameras.
- Cap Times. Attorney: 'I would not trust this Legislature to do the right thing' with open records laws.
- DNR. Head to horicon for grand opening of Explorium at Horicon Marsh Education and Visitor Center.
- DPI. Income eligibility guidelines announced for school and day care meals.
- One Wisconsin Now. New research: WEDC is four years of failure.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Critics question DNR's reorganization plan.
- Bureau of Economic Analysis. Gross Domestic Product: Second Quarter 2015.
- Duluth News Tribune. Rising global debt is increasing the risk of another financial crisis.
- DPW. Statement on the 50th anniversary of Medicare and Medicaid.
- U.S. Gain. Core-Mark and U.S. Gain celebrate opening of fourth GAIN station.
- Wisconsin Right to Life. Latest Planned Parenthood sting video shows ugly reality of dismemberment abortions.
- Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in Wisconsin. Rolls out new services for older adults and people with disabilities.
- Citizen Action of Wisconsin. Medicare and Medicaid 50th anniversary: Vital programs have expanded freedom across Wisconsin.
- Covering Kids & Family Wisconsin. Happy 50th anniversary Medicare and Medicaid!
- Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty. Asks judge to declare state's open enrollment program in violation of federal disability law.
- District IV Court of Appeals. Braylon Seifert v. Kay M. Balink.
- District II Court of Appeals. State v. Albert J. Chagnon.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Prosser defends not recusing himself from John Doe ruling. Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Marquette University. Dr. Jeremy Fyke recipient of Way Klingler Young Scholar Award.
- UW-Madison. Veterinary medical researcher honored for lifetime achievement.
- UW-Madison. New online tool to get Madison lakes on the map - and in the forecast.
- Wisconsin Rapids Tribune. School vouchers could boost property taxes.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Number of Wisconsin high schoolers getting college credit early has almost doubled since 2010.
- Milwaukee County Transit System & ATU Local 998. Statement on contract negotiations.
- Village of Richfield. Receives 'Distinguished Budget Presentation Award.'
- Milwaukee County Board. Lipscomb elected chairman of Milwaukee County Board.
- Milwaukee County Board Chairwoman Dimitrijevic. County surplus funds should be reinvested.
- Wisconsin Technology Council. Abs and apps: Innovation in sports, rec tech is topic of Aug. 18 WIN-Madison luncheon.
- Milwaukee County Exec. Abele. National Night Out on the Parks.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Menominee tribal leader makes case for legalizing marijuana.
- Milwaukee Business Journal. County committee meets on Milwaukee Bucks land deal, but told discussion was moot.
- U.S. Sen. Baldwin. Statement on federal highway funding.
- U.S. Sen. Johnson. To visit Dodge and Jefferson Counties.
- U.S. Rep. Sensenbrenner. Stands up for charitable organizations.
- U.S. Rep. Sensenbrenner. Now is the time for criminal justice reform.
- U.S. Rep. Kind. Statement on 50th anniversary of Medicare.
- U.S. Rep. Ribble. Continues fight for veterans.
- The Hill. House passes three-month highway bill.
- The Hill. Senators wrap DHS cyber bills together in bid for floor time.
- La Crosse Tribune. Government finds health law co-ops awash in red ink.
- USA Today. Scott Walker had his own email controversy.
- Reuters. Harley an awkward ride for 'union-busting' Republican Walker.