From The Wheeler Report Blog
The Wheeler Report sat down with Wisconsin Association of Independent Colleges and Universities President Dr. Rolf Wegenke to discuss higher...
Bucky Promise Program Gaining Attention In February 2018 the University of Wisconsin at Madison announced they would be starting the...
Friday December 13, 2019 - Updated 4:34pm
- LFB. Summary of 2019-21 state compensation plan provisions.
- Rep. Taylor. On anniversary of Sandy Hook shooting, GOP still in death grip of NRA.
- Rep. Allen. Statement on last Beer With Scott.
- Rep. Pronschinske. Column: Wisconsin continues to dominate in manufacturing nationwide.
- Racine Journal Times. Neubauer pushes for climate legislation, Vos opposed.
- Center Square. Republican lawmakers defend speech rules for University of Wisconsin.
- CBS 58. Porch pirates a growing problem, now area lawmakers want harsher punishments.
- DMA. The National Guard marks 383rd birthday; emerged after World War I as Army's primary combat reserve.
- DNR. Outdoor Report.
- WEDC. Supports John Deere project to expand, add jobs.
- WEDC. City of Shell Lake receives $250,000 state grant to support renovation of medical center.
- Cap Times. One year into state's deal with Kimberly-Clark, company works to expand Fox Valley plant.
- WSAW. 7 Investigates: Child protective services workloads.
- WISN. State threatens to withhold tax credits from Foxconn unless contract is changed.
- The Verge. Showdown in WisConn Valley.
- CNBC. China and U.S. reach phase one trade deal that includes some tariff relief and agriculture purchases.
- Milwaukee Biz Times. It took until 2018 for Milwaukee County's economy to reach pre-recession levels.
- Door County Daily News. Manure storage hitting emergency levels.
- Wisconsin Policy Forum. Police staffing rises, staffing levels fall.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Local committees working to ensure accurate U.S. Census count in 2020.
- WTMJ. Report: Violent crime up, police presence down in Wisconsin cities.
- Sen. Marklein. Column: Building stronger bridges.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court. OLR v. James M. Schoenecker.
- Fox 11. Wisconsin judge: 234K voter registrations should be tossed.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Dane, Iowa counties challenge power line approval, says regulators abused discretion.
- UW-Madison. Clinical trial for Ebola vaccine developed at UW-Madison underway in Japan.
- UW System. Presidential Search Committee seeks public input.
- UW-Stout. University counselor: Anxiety can increase during finals, holidays.
- Cardinal Stritch University. Announces $2.5 million gift to support students, academic programs and activities.
- La Crosse Tribune. UW-La Crosse gets preliminary approval for building projects.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. UW-Oshkosh offering early retirement incentives to faculty, staff.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. MPS referendum task force recommends district pursue first referendum in 26 years, punts on dollar amount.
- City of Madison. GreenPower leads light change for big energy, monetary savings.
- WTMJ. Milwaukee Police Department endorses change to immigration arrest policy.
- U.S. Rep. Gallagher. Urges congressional leadership to pass No Budget, No Pay.
- U.S. Rep. Steil. Statement on articles of impeachment.
- U.S. Sen. Baldwin. Wisconsin senators provide recommendations to White House for district court vacancy.
- U.S. Rep. Sensenbrenner. Votes against weak impeachment articles after partisan committee markup.
- Politico. Lawmakers reach a bipartisan deal 'in principle' to fund the government.
- The Hill. Senate Republicans air complaints to Trump administration on trade deal.
- The Hill. Senate bill would give DHS cyber agency subpoena powers.
- Church for 7th Congress. ICYMI: Doubles down on being a political outsider and Trump supporter from the beginning in first debate.
- RPW. Statement on the announcement of the Wisconsin Trump Victory Leadership Team.
- Tiffany for 7th Congress. Dominates at Wausau No Better Friend Forum.
- The Hill. Trump neck and neck with top 2020 Democrats in Wisconsin: poll.
- Reuters. Poll shows impeachment hearings had little sway on Wisconsin voters. Wisconsin State Journal. U.S. News & World Report.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. GOP candidates in 7th Congressional District race spar on labor law, both claim close Trump ties. WSAW.
Thursday December 12, 2019
- Gov. Evers. Building Commission approves projects.
- Rep. Hutton. Introduces bill to combat "Porch Pirates."
- Rep. Summerfield. GOP Weekly Radio Address: It's time to pass the USMCA.
- Wisconsin Property Taxpayers. Sen. Testin names 2019 Property Taxpayer Champion.
- Sen. Erpenbach, Rep. Pope. Democrats introduce bills to protect property taxpayers from run away voucher costs.
- Sen. Bewley. Weekly Democratic Raadio Address: Get covered today!
- Wisconsin State Journal. PFAS bill advances in Wisconsin Assembly amid calls for more action.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. If you harass a ref, you could get hit with jail time or up to $10,000 in fines under this proposed Wisconsin bill. Center Square.
- Wisconsin Radio Network. Up in smoke: Fitzgerald a quick no on GOP medical marijuana bill.
- WSAW. Rep. Shankland looks to colleagues to tackle PFAS health concerns.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. GOP lawmakers introduce bill to legalize medical marijuana. Cap Times.
- DMA. Annual awards banquet to honor past and present Wisconsin National Guardsmen.
- Dept. of Financial Institutions. Wiscnsin's State-Chartered Banks post strong third quarter performance.
- Dept. of Military Affairs. Wisconsin Challenge Academy will graduate 105 cadets.
- ETF. Latest investment performance.
- Fair Rates for Wisconsin's Dairyland. New study highlights Wisconsin energy producers' $20 billion impact on Wisconsin's economy.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Foxconn confident it has enough jobs to get tax credits for this year, but last year many were disqualified.
- New York Times. America's dairy farmers are hurting. A giant merger could make things worse.
- Farms.com Acquires 'State' Ag Connection network from USAgNet LLC.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Power line opponents sue Wisconsin Public Service Commission, claim conflicts of interest.
- UW-Whitewater. New master's degree offers UW-Whitewater students more options.
- UW-Whitewater. Agreement reinvigorates engineering program at UW-Whitewater at Rock County.
- WAICU. Distributes $63,000 in CIC/UPS Scholarships to students.
- Oshkosh Examiner. UW Oshkosh to offer early retirement to up to 300 employees as enrollment falls more than expected.
- Racine Mayor Mason. Racine launches Wisconsin's first statewide, diversified opportunity fund.
- Milwaukee County Board Chairman Lipscomb. Seeks to end "birth tax."
- Wisconsin State Journal. Lafayette County resolution that sought to prosecute reporters began at the top.
- WSAW. Marathon County drafting resolution urging state to fund shortage in prosecutors.
- Wisconsin AARP. Applauds the House for passing the Elijah E. Cummings Lower Drug Costs Now Act.
- U.S. Sen. Baldwin. U.S. House of Representatives approves bipartisan reform to help lower prescription drug costs.
- U.S. Rep. Steil. Urges colleagues to take action on anti-human trafficking legislation.
- U.S. Rep. Gallagher. Speaker Pelosi wasted opportunity to lower prescription drug costs.
- Edge Dairy Farmer Cooperative. Dairy farmers applaud House OK of agricultural workforce bill.
- U.S. Rep. Gallagher. Statement on House passage of NDAA.
- U.S. Rep. Steil. Supports critical bill for service members.
- AP. U.S. budget deficit rises to $209 billion in November.
- The Hill. Expiring tax breaks set off year-end scramble. WFRV.
- Duluth News Tribune. Senate Republicans look to hold short impeachment trial despite Trump's desire for raucous political show.
- Fox 11. Connect to Congress: Rep. Gallagher talks impeachment, trade and North Korea.
- WEAU. Lawmakers look to shorten suicide prevention hotline number.
- Marquette University. New Marquette Law School Poll finds no change in impeachment views following end of public testimony.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Supreme Court Justice Dan Kelly renting office space at state GOP headquarters.