From The Wheeler Report Blog
Drones seem to be everywhere these days, and increasingly they are being used by emergency services. This week Gwyn talks...
Gwyn was joined today by Julie Grace, a policy analyst with the Badger Institute, Kelli Thompson, the State Public Defender,...
Friday September 20, 2019 - Updated 2:26pm
- NBC 15. Governor Evers proclaims Friday as Wisconsin Agricultural Toursim Day.
- Rep. Hesselbein. Middleton police chief nominated Assembly District First Responder of the Year.
- Rep. Sargent. People are dying, yet partisan antics work to keep us divided.
- Reps. Milroy, Mursau; Sen. Smith. Legislation to provide in-state tuition for members of tribal nation.
- Rep. Neubauer. Global climate strike today.
- Sen. Shilling. Backs medical cannabis efforts.
- State Senate Democratic Committee. Senator Darling ignores domestic abuse survivors.
- Rep. Shankland. Coauthors legislation to legalize medical cannabis in Wisconsin for fourth consecutive session.
- Rep. Allen. Sends letter advocating cannabis research.
- Sen. Marklein. Column: Almond "milk" is not milk, veggie "burgers" are not burgers and fake "Swiss" is not cheese!
- Sens. Erpenbach, Testin; Rep. Taylor. Introduce bill to legalize medical cannabis in Wisconsin.
- Sen. Testin. Column: Doctors and patients, not government, should decide if cannabis is the right treatment.
- Rep. Pronschinske. Column: Protecting consumers.
- Rep. Vining. Announces series of Topical Town Halls.
- Rep. Brostoff. To speak at New Politics conference in Washington D.C. this weekend.
- AG Kaul. Testifies in support of legislation to prevent backlog of sexual assault kits.
- Cap Times. Wisconsin lawmakers push bipartisan bill to legalize medical marijuana.
- WISC. Wisconsin lawmakers introduce medical marijuana bill.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Gov. Tony Evers renews call for 'red flag' gun law in Wisconsin.
- Courthouse News Service. Wisconsin Democrats roll out red-flag gun bill.
- WSAW. Republicans argue proposed red flag gun bill violates constitutional rights.
- Duluth News Tribune. Wisconsin legislators introduce bill to stop exploitation of indigenous women.
- Cap Times. Kaul, advocates tout bills to streamline collection, testing, tracking of sexual assault kits. WISC.
- WKOW. NAMI: Red flag law a good first step.
- WEAU. Chippewa Co. judge has doubts about red flag laws.
- WEAU. Proposed bill would increase penalties for assaults on nurses.
- DOJ. Coalition of AGs urge CFPB to place consumers' interests over debt colletors.
- DHS. Teams with the Milwauke Brewers to promote immunizations.
- WEDC. Governor Evers announces Catalent Biologics expansion in Madison.
- AG Kaul. Joins lawsuit challenging attempt to trample states' authority to adopt and enforce environmental standards.
- DMA. 128th Infantry hones skills, integrates with partner brigade enroute to Afghanistan.
- The Hill. California, 23 other states sue Trump over vehicle emissions rule.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Residents concerned about PFAS contamination on farm fields in Marinette, Peshtigo area.
- Milwaukee Business Journal. Foxconn to assemble home security tech products in Mount Pleasant.
- NBC 15. USDA: Milk output falls in Wisconsin, rises nationally.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Wild global forces are hurting Wisconsin dairy farmers. Here's what you should know.
- Milwaukee Biz Times. Wisconsin lost 1,400 private sector jobs in August as job growth continues to slow.
- Wisconsin Policy Forum. Wisconsin's workforce challenges intensify.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Fresh data documents the impact that race and income have on health of Wisconsin residents.
- AP. Colt suspends production of AR-15 for civilian market.
- Courthouse News Service. Fight over golf course hits Wisconsin high court.
- UW-Stout. Helping Hand food pantry plus offers career closet.
- UW-Madison. Sustainable dairy project finds ways to lower emissions, boost profits.
- Marquette University. Marquette Engineering Department receives $600,000 graduate assistance award.
- Foxconn. Announces higher education recruiting effort with "Foxconn Day" at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
- UW-Madison. Wisconsin Science Festival encourages science exploration statewide.
- UW-Whitewater. Police chief to lead FBI task force.
- Madison.com. State Superintendent Carolyn Stanford Taylor: Wisconsin has achievement gap 'crisis.' Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Madison Mayor Rhodes-Conway. Statement on MPD internal investigation findings.
- WTMJ. 'The Harvard of pimp school': Milwaukee takes steps to combat human trafficking ahead of DNC.
- The Hill. House votes to avert shutdown, fund government through November.
- USA Today. Hill hodgepodge: Pelosi draws from democrats, GOP and Trump for pricing plan.
- AP. Key Senate panel approves $250 million for election security.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Americans for Prosperity targeting three Democratic lawmakers in 2020.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Presidential candidate Amy Klobuchar talks voting rights, criminal justice during Milwaukee visit. Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Duffy's resignation in Trump country has both parties readying for battle.
- WSAW. Mosinee's mayor will not run for Wisconsin's 7th Congressional District.
Thursday September 19, 2019
- Sen. Tiffany. I will not back down in the fight against gun confiscation.
- Rep. Hesselbein. Supports lifesaving ERPO legislation.
- Rep. Anderson. In support of Extreme Risk Protection Orders.
- Rep. Hintz. Republican inaction ignores urgency of gun violence crisis.
- Sen. Craig. Reacts to Evers' statement on gun confiscation.
- Rep. Allen. Calls for restraint in "ERPO" legislation.
- Rep. Dittrich. Measured action versus manipulation.
- Rep. Steineke. Firearm seizure is a non-starter.
- Rep. Emerson. Supports Extreme Risk Protection Orders legsilation.
- Sen. Fitzgerald, Speaker Vos. Legislative leaders statement on anti-gun legislation.
- Sen. Wanggaard. Statement on Democrats' latest anti-gun scheme.
- LRB-4383 Backs Extreme Risk Protection Order legislation.
- Rep. Sargent. Extreme Risk Protection Orders: Preventing gun violence & suicide in Wisconsin.
- Sen. Shilling. What will it take to act?
- Gov. Evers. Democrats announce Extreme Risk Protection Order legislation to prevent suicide and gun violence. LRB-4383
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Gov. Tony Evers announces red-flag bill, says he's open to mandatory gun buybacks.
- Cap Times. Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers pushes for 'red flag' law, urges GOP lawmakers to address gun violence.
- WKOW. Evers, Wisconsin Democrats introduce red flag law.
- WBAY. Gov. Evers announces $500K for 13 projects to reduce homelessness.
- Sen. Risser. Legislators seek debate on death with dignity.
- WSTA. Applauds bipartisan vote on rural broadband investment legislation.
- Sen. Larson. And Smart Start Inc. to provide IID at Bay View Bash.
- Wisconsin Democracy Campaign. Koch group plans lit drop against Democratic lawmaker.
- Sen. Shilling. Weekly Democratic Radio Address: The urgent need for common sense gun reform.
- Sen. Erpenbach. Middleton legislators echo police chief's call for gun safety. Middleton Police Chief Foulke Letter.
- Cap Times. 'There's no defined path': Wisconsin lawmakers unclear on funding for county-run juvenile facilities.
- WFRV. Rep. Stuck proposes creation of task force to address missing and murdered tribal women, girls. WXPR.
- U.S. News & World Report. GOP lawmaker vows to kill rules to reduce farm manure smell.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Proposal would increase penalties for assaults on Wisconsin nurses.
- DWD. Wisconsin's labor force participation rate remains at 67.2 percent in August.
- DATCP, DWD. Connect the dots with job training for Wisconsin farmers.
- U.S. News & World Report. DNR wants to rename Peshtigo River State Forest.
- Fox 11. DNR offers to test foam for PFAS after residents voice concerns in Marinette County.
- Wisconsin AFL-CIO. Stands in support with striking UAW members.
- Foxconn. Wisconsin's trade mission delegation visits Foxconn's Gen 6 Fab in Japan.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Wisconsin GM workers part of nationwide strike.
- Gathering Waters. Wisconsin land conservation leaders to be honored for outstanding achievements.
- Wisconsin Collaborative for Healthcare Quality. Report sheds light on health disparities.
- Wisconsin Library Association. 2019 Wisconsin Library Heritage Center Hall of Fame inductees.
- WEAU. Suicide rates higher in rural communities.
- UW-Stout. National park experience brings student boost of confidence.
- UW-Stout. Discovery Center Fab Lab open house planned Sept. 24.
- Milwaukee County Sup. Shea. Effort leads to preservation of bus routes.
- DPI Supt. Stanford Taylor. Delivers State of Education Address.
- One Wisconsin Now. Student loan debt in Wisconsin continues to outpace national average, according to latest research.
- Marquette University. Legal scholar Paul Butler, Milwaukee County DA John Chisholm to go 'On the Issues,' Sept. 25.
- U.S. News & World Report. Wisconsin school chief calls achievement gap a 'crisis.'
- Wisconsin Public Radio. DPI deputy secretary addresses state test scores.
- Greater Madison Chamber of Commerce. Impact investment thought leader, innovator and author Jean Case announced as annual dinner speaker.
- Dane County Exec. Parisi. Dane County, Gorman & Company, and Dryhootch's largest veterans family housing and services development in nation moves one step closer to breaking ground.
- Milwaukee County Exec. Abele. Announces additional transit funding in 2020 budget.
- Beloit Daily News. DA gets more help in state action.
- Chippewa Herald. Chippewa Valley counties receive additional DA help to prosecute cases.
- WHBL. Some relief is headed to the Sheboygan County DA's office.
- Citizen Action of Wisconsin. Statement on introduction of National Prescription Drug Reform (H.R.3).
- U.S. Sen. Baldwin. Gets the job done for Wisconsin dairy farmers.
- WKOW. Wisconsin lawmakers at odds over federal funding for Madison military base.
- The Hill. House reaches deal on continuing resolution, vote expected Thursday.
- The Hill. Trump administration floats background check proposal to Senate GOP.
- Kelly for Wisconsin Supreme Court. Rounds out campaign team.