Friday May 14, 2021 - Updated 11:49am
- NFIB Wisconsin. Wisconsin small business owners unable to fill job openings.
- Governor signs Hmong-Lao Veterans Day bill.
- Gov. Evers. Signs bill designating May 14 as Hmong-Lao Veterans Day, orders flags to half-staff.
- Gov. Evers. Seeks applicants for coroner of Green Lake County.
- WQOW. Gov. Evers visits airport; talks Starlink, broadband internet
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. GOP leader says no to more funding for Wisconsin Black Historical Society, says people can look at obscure display in Capitol
- La Cross Tribune. Budget committee votes on funding for Veterans Affairs, declines funding for Black Historical Society
- Fox 11. Wisconsin budget battle: GOP cuts vacant jobs, Dems urge collective bargaining expansion
- Fox 6. Budget hearing comments 'racist,' Wisconsin lawmaker says
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Proposal Would Give $10M To State Veterans Homes
- Rep. Hebl. Teams up with League of Women Voters to talk national popular vote.
- Sen. Marklein. Column: Dialing-in funding for broadband.
- Rep. Behnke. No mask mandate in schools.
- Rep. Steffen. Calls on local governments to repeal mask mandates.
- Chippewa Herald. Disability rights advocates push back against GOP voting legislation
- DATCP. Ginseng Board of Wisconsin Election Period Now Open
- DNR. Find Your Adventure During Free Fun Weekend
- U.S. News & World Report. DNR Moves to Stop Night Wolf Hunt, Cut Registration Window
- Fox Cities Chamber. Bazaar After Dark, License to Cruise, and Appleton's Octoberfest return to Fox Cities social calendar.
- Racine Journal Times. How much does Wisconsin not having a job search requirement for unemployment benefits affect worker shortage?
- Milwaukee Biz Times. Brewers games will return to full fan capacity next month
- WTMJ. Easing restrictions spurs Milwaukee-area festivals to re-evaluate summer events
- AP. ‘Great day for America’: Vaccinated can largely ditch masks
- WISN. New CDC mask guidelines shock businesses, city
- Wisconsin State Journal. Dane County health agency plans 'update' next week following CDC guidance for fully vaccinated
- Cap Times. Dane County mask order remains in effect as officials review new CDC guidance
- USA Today. CDC lifts indoor mask guidelines for fully vaccinated people. What does it actually mean?
- WFRV. Outagamie Co. removes facial coverings requirement, effective immediately
- WISC. Dane County nears herd immunity benchmark as 12-15 year olds start getting their shots
- UW-Stout. Berglund receives May University Staff Appreciation Award
- WKBT. Campbell to contract with Davy Engineering to study solutions to PFAS contamination
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Milwaukee Begins Planning For Nearly $400M In Federal Aid
- U.S. Sen. Baldwin. Applauds Committee Passage of Bipartisan Bill to Strengthen American Manufacturing and Create Jobs Across the Country
- Wisconsin Public Radio. More Than 100 Scientists Ask Biden Administration To Restore Protections For Gray Wolves
- WXOW. Sen. Baldwin blames Trump election lie for stalled election reform bill
Thursday May 13, 2021
- Gov. Evers. And WEDC announce pilot program to test SpaceX internet service in Eau Claire County.
- Gov. Evers. Delivers radio address on Joint Committee on Finance vote to gut Badger Bounceback Agenda.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Evers: Small Businesses Will Remain A Priority For Federal COVID-19 Aid, Despite Funding Cut
- U.S. News & World Report. Evers Promises to Preserve Grants in Face of Less Stimulus
- Sen. Jacque, Rep. Edming. Legislative budget plan aids county veterans' programs.
- For Our Future WI Action Fund. Essential Frontline Workers Press For Freedom To Collectively Bargain
- Rep. Snodgrass. Local State Representative, Oneida Leader, Rural Sign Maker Subject of Political Documentary, “Swing Country”
- Rep. Dittrich. Supports citizens making voices heard.
- Rep. Allen. To hold third budget listening session.
- Rep. Loudenbeck. Bill heads to Governor's desk.
- Rep. Stubbs. Statement on Senate Bill 216 Passage through Senate Committee on Insurance, Licensing, and Forestry.
- La Crosse Tribune. Disability rights advocates push back against GOP voting legislation
- Wisconsin Rapids Tribune. Wisconsin Republicans seek to join lawsuit challenging Biden stimulus provision on tax cuts
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Disabled voters say Republican efforts in Wisconsin Legislature will make it harder for them to cast ballots
- NBC 26. Wisconsin disabled community opposes election law changes
- DPI. Three Wisconsin high school seniors receive national honor
- WHEDA. Seeks projects for National Housing Trust Funds
- DOA. Wisconsin Launches Data Project to Help Community Advocates & Policy Experts Track and Respond to Evictions
- DNR. Wisconsin NRB Virtual Meeting May 26
- DATCP. To Survey for Gypsy Moth in 47 Counties
- ETF. GIB Approves New Health Plan, Minor Benefit Changes, and Pre-Tax Savings Account Changes
- Dairyland Power Cooperative. Collaborating on new workforce training opportunity.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Milwaukee, Green Bay Among Wisconsin Cities Facing Major Lifeguard Shortages
- WTMJ. Milwaukee-area businesses eyeing Labor Day for mandatory return to the office
- CDC. Interim Public Health Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated People
- Survival Coalition. Update May 11: COVID Cases and Deaths Among People with Disabilities and Older Adults in Wisconsin
- Marshfield Clinic Health System. Offers COVID-19 vaccinations for 12-15 year olds.
- DHS. Wisconsin Now Offering COVID-19 Vaccinations to Children Ages 12-15
- WISC. PHMDC to update public health order next week in light of CDC masking guidance
- WTMJ. 'Return to a version of normal': City of Milwaukee to ease COVID-19 restrictions on June 15
- The Hill. CDC says vaccinated can take masks off indoors and outdoors
- Reuters. CDC to ease mask guidance for vaccinated people -- sources
- CNBC. CDC to say fully vaccinated people don’t need to wear face masks indoors or outdoors in most settings
- Wisconsin State Journal. COVID-19 vaccination extended to more youth as Gov. Tony Evers mulls vaccine incentives
- WAOW. Oneida County becomes first in area to surpass 50% with at least one COVID-19 vaccine
- WXPR. Governor Urges People to Get Vaccinated as CDC Recommends Pfizer Vaccine for Kids as Young as 12
- Wisconsin Public Radio. State Health Officials: Vaccinators Ready As CDC Advisors OK COVID-19 Vaccine For Children 12 To 15
- Wisconsin's Green Fire. Releases report assessing wetland protecitons in Wisconsin.
- Marshfield Clinic Health System. Stevens Point hospital reaches construction milestone
- U.S. News & World Report. Suit Challenges Restaurant Aid Priority to Women, Minorities
- Marquette University. Marquette hires first director of Black student initiatives
- U.S. Rep. Gallagher. Leads House Effort to Declassify Intelligence Surrounding Lab Leak Hypothesis
- UW-Eau Claire. Resilience in action: Tressa Lange
- Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty. School Choice Wisconsin Ensure MPS Follows the Law, Provide Transportation Benefits to Private School Students
- UW-Stout. George Floyd-inspired While Black Project hopes to shed light on microaggressions
- UW-Platteville. Senior design team revitalizes Cuba City’s Presidential Plaza, project recognized by WEDC
- UW-Platteville. Compeer Financial grants $10,000 to UW-Platteville Dairy Pilot Plant at Pioneer Farm
- Wisconsin Medicine. Livestream: The Future of Heart Care.
- UW-Stevens Point. To offer six outdoor Commencement ceremonies May 21-22
- CBS 58. Waukesha School Board votes to make masks optional in schools
- City of Madison. Greater Madison Music City Receives $50,000 Our Town Grant From National Endowment for the Arts
- Madison Mayor Rhodes-Conway. Announces New Efforts to Curb Congestion and Emissions from Traffic
- Dane County Cities & Villages Association. Elects 2021-22 Executive Committee.
- WKBT. Trempealeau County committee approves Second Amendment sanctuary resolution
- Protect Our Care. NEW VIDEO: Protect Our Care Releases New Video With Patients Across the Country Calling for Action on Skyrocketing Drug Prices
- U.S. Rep. Grothman. Statement on Israel and Hamas.
- U.S. Rep. Gallagher. And Colleagues Introduce Resolution to Create Glioblastoma Awareness Day
- U.S. Sens. Baldwin, Ernst. Introduce Bipartisan Legislation to Improve Transportation Access for Workers and Families