From The Wheeler Report Blog
EDUCATION FUNDING – PART II OF SERIES Categorical Aids Categorical aids are a means of financial support from the state...
This week on #LocalGovMatters, Gwyn Guenther, President of The Wheeler Report talks with Professor Noah Williams. Professor Williams is a...
Tuesday July 17, 2018 - Updated 11:49am
- Gov. Walker. Promotes workforce development at Nicolet Technical College.
- Daily Reporter. Gov. Walker announces $8 million plan to connect workers with transportation.
- WTMJ. Gov. Walker open to Bird scooters remaining in Milwaukee.
- Sen. Feyen. To host town hall meeting.
- Rep. Goyke. Wisconsin American Legion names Rep. Goyke "Legislator of the Year."
- DFI Sec. Risch. Guest column.
- Wisconsin Radio Network. State elections safe from hacking, says Magney.
- NBC 15. Federal grant gives $500,000 to prevent domestic violence homicides.
- Fox 6. Wisconsin AG warns public about dangers of synthetic marijuana; 'Chemicals produced by criminals.'
- M-WERC. Deadline to apply for WERCBench Labs Accelerator fourth year extended to July 31.
- Daily Reporter. Sen. Johnson trashes tariffs in roundtable with firms reeling from rising costs. Manitowoc Herald Times Reporter. Wisconsin State Journal. Wisconsin Public Radio. WQOW.
- Eau Claire Leader-Telegram. Foxconn on the Chippewa: Company announces technology and talent hub for Eau Claire with 150 jobs. Milwaukee Biz Times.
- Wisconsin Fair Housing Network. Statewide Fair Housing Awards presented.
- District III Court of Appeals. Healthcare Services Group v. Department of Revenue.
- District I Court of Appeals. State v. Terrance Lavone Egerson.
- WBAY. Woman sues Lawrence University over response to sex assaults.
- UW-Madison. Childhood stress leaves lasting mark on genes.
- Appleton Post-Crescent. Cross: Foxconn, UW System can build a better future for Wisconsin.
- Racine Journal Times. Unified joins alliance that lobbies Legislature to benefit member districts.
- Racine Mayor Mason. Jacquet Midwest to bring manufacturing back to Racine's Southside Industrial Park. Fact Sheet.
- Beloit Daily News. City ranks in top 5 on retiree liabilities.
- WKBT. Tax increases being considered to fund road repairs in La Crosse County.
- U.S. Sen. Johnson. Statement on U.S.-Russia relationship.
- The Hill. Ryan: Trump's conference with Putin not treasonous.
- Politico. Ryan scraps 'abolish ICE' vote.
- Cap Times. Ryan, Johnson, Baldwin push back on Trump's dismissal of Russian election interference.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Responding to Democrats, Johnson says he's been tough on Russia.
- USA Today. Republicans blast Trump meeting with Putin as 'shameful' and sign of weakness.'
- Chippewa Herald. Wisconsin Republicans chastise Russia, but refrain from criticizing Trump's remarks.
- Flynn for Governor. Files strong fundraising report for first half of 2018.
- Evers for Governor. Legislative leaders endorse.
- Kohl for 6th Congress. Grothman's silence is deafening.
- Wisconsin Democracy Campaign. Russian woman highlights Walker's NRA ties.
- Palzewicz for 5th Congress. Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers District Council of Wisconsin endorses.
- Leiber for 62nd Assembly. Announces fundraising numbers.
- Wisconsin Democracy Campaign. Walker raises twice as much as all of the Democratic candidates.
- Gov. Walker. VIDEO: Campaign launches new digital ad on worker with disabilities who is thriving in career of his choosing.
- Keyes for 31st Assembly. Outraises Loudenbeck for first reporting period.
- Boe for 31st Senate. Receives endorsement from Wisconsin Pipe Trades Association. Wisconsin Pipe Trades Association.
- Roys for Governor. Leads in cash on hand by almost 2-1 margin.
- Vukmir for U.S. Senate. The National Rifle Association endorses.
- Flynn for Governor. Matt Flynn blasts Scott Walker for meeting with Russian spy.
- Wisconsin State Journal. SEC settlement cites contribution to Scott Walker presidential campaign.
- Minneapolis Star-Tribune. Woman charged with being Russian agent says she met Walker. Wisconsin Public Radio. Fond du Lac Reporter.
- Green Bay Press-Gazette. Money in politics: Mike Gallagher outraises Beau Liegois in 8th Congressional District race.
- WEAU. Walker raises nearly $5.5 million over 6 months.
Monday July 16, 2018
- Gov. Walker. Attends opening of Farm Discovery Center.
- Gov. Walker. ICYMI: Amazon celebrates more than 4,000 full-time employees in Wisconsin.
- Gov. Walker. Announces $8 million in funding to address transportation needs of Wisconsin workers.
- WKOW. Governor Scott Walker talks Harley Davidson on Wisconsin Motorcycle Tour.
- Sen. Vukmir. Milwaukee tool expansion project a win for Wisconsin jobseekers.
- DNR. Public comment period opens for Interim Forest Management Plans.
- DVA. Grants now available for non-profit organizations to help veteran entrepreneurs, improve employment.
- DNR. To open public range in Columbia County July 24.
- ETF. Preliminary WRS investment performance.
- AG Schimel. Expands homicide prevention through domestic violence intervention with End Domestic Abuse Wisconsin.
- Sen. Shilling. Walker's Foxconn flop tour continues.
- Gov. Walker. Wisconsin's Foxconn bonus: Foxconn to expand Wisconn Valley Innovation Network with new Foxconn Place Chippewa Valley in downtown Eau Claire.
- Foxconn. To open Foxconn Place Chippewa Valley in downtown Eau Claire.
- Amazon. Celebrates more than 4,000 full-time employees in Wisconsin.
- WISC. Wisconsin Sen. Johnson concerned about 'widespread tariffs.'
- Chippewa Herald. Foxconn plans to open west-central Wisconsin facilities.
- The Hill. GOP senator: Trump's policies doing 'permanent damage.'
- CBC. Brewing problem: U.S. beer drinkers pay more as aluminum tariffs hit cans.
- ABC News. Paul Ryan says economy is booming, but warns that new tariffs 'are not the solution.'
- The Hill. GOP senator: Harley-Davidson is right to move some production overseas.
- Milwaukee Biz Times. Berlin trying to bring Harley work to Germany.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Foxconn and Advocate Aurora team up, aiming to streamline health care delivery.
- Eau Claire Leader-Telegram. U.S. trade, immigration policies hit farmers hard.
- Daily Reporter. Milwaukee Tool breaks ground on $32M expansion in Brookfield.
- Wisconsin Watch. Poultry processing workers face injuries in Wisconsin, nationwide.
- Alliant Energy. Hometown heroism gets support from Alliant Energy Foundation.
- Disability Rights Wisconsin, Wisconsin BPDD. Disability groups promote disability access to polling places during National Disability Voter Registration Week.
- USA Today. Tainted McDonald's salads sicken people in another five states.
- Fox 11. Investigates the impact of Michigan marijuana on Wisconsin.
- Chippewa Herald. Former Navy SEAL questions American Legion vetting process, has speech canceled.
- DPI, Herb Kohl Educational Foundation. Sarahi Monterrey to represent Wisconsin in National Teacher of the Year program.
- UW-Madison. Study suggests buried internet infrastructure at risk as sea levels rise.
- UW-Stout. StoutBikes expands rental program for students.
- Marquette University. And Georgetown University announce visiting professor partnership.
- UW-Stevens Point. Alumnus commits $1 million to School of Business and Economics.
- Portage Daily Register. High health care costs a problem everywhere, school leaders say.
- Madison Mayor Soglin. Statement on funding for County Highway AB and BB.
- Waukesha County Exec. Farrow. Waukesha County files federal lawsuit against opioid manufacturers and distributors.
- Milwaukee County Sheriff Schmidt. Deputies arrest 7 in Operation Drive Sober.
- A Better Mount Pleasant. DOJ validates concerns regarding Mount Pleasant open meetings and free speech violations.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Wisconsin farmers markets could lose ability to process SNAP benefits.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. FEMA teams visit northern Wisconsin to tour flood-damaged counties.
- Superior Telegram. Metallic mining ordinance gets hearing.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Madison area seeks creative, comprehensive solution to addressing gun violence.
- Fox 6. 'A significant amount of time:' Milwaukee Health Deparment acknowledges mistakes won't be fixed quickly.
- U.S. Sen. Baldwin. To Pfizer CEO: Make drug price reductions permanent.
- USA Today. Paul Ryan contradicts Trump: 'No question that Russia interfered in our election.'
- Reuters. Shock as Trump backs Putin on election meddling at summit.
- WKOW. UW Supreme Court expert: 'I don't anticipate Roe v. Wade to be overturned.'
- WTMJ. Baldwin decries Russian interference, calls it attack. Johnson more measured in response.
- Walker for Governor. And Wisconsin Republicans announce strong finance period with $8.6 million cash on hand.
- RAGA. Brad Schimel is fighting for a strong and safe Wisconsin; RAGA launches digital advertising campaign.
- DPW. Dick Uihlein attacks Leah Vukmir with $2 million TV buy.
- Godlewski for State Treasurer. Outraises all other recent candidates for the office, combined.
- One Wisconsin Now. Republican county sheriffs defending Brad Schimel on rape kit backlog have backlog of over 630 rape kits.
- Sieber for 88th Assembly. Raises nearly $36,000 in just over two months.
- Bodden for 58th Assembly. Pro-life groups endorse.
- Steil for 1st Congress. Statement on Bernie Sanders campaiging with Randy Bryce in Janesville.
- Vukmir for U.S. Senate. Wisconsin will 'feel the burn' with the Bernie-Baldwin agenda.
- Kohl for 6th Congress. Has strongest quarter yet.
- McCabe for Governor. Small money fundraising, statewide volunteer network fuel movement against the machine.
- Flynn for 84th Assembly. Statement on fundraising numbers.
- Cap Times. At forum, 4 Democratic candidates for governor unite in support for ending school vouchers.
- The Hill. Wisconsin GOP Senate candidate rips his own parents for donations to Dems.
- Wisconsin Democracy Campaign. Walker received "pay-to-play" contribution from exec of investment company.
- Wisconsin State Journal. National Democratic group targets Wisconsin legislative races.
- WISC. Bernie Sanders campaigns for Randy Bryce in Janesville.
- Chippewa Herald. Sanders, Baldwin call for action at Eau Claire rally.
- Racine Journal Times. State treasurer, secretary candidates square off in weekend debate.