From The Wheeler Report Blog
Recently, the Assembly Republican leadership introduced a motion that will be debated on the floor on Thursday, October 10. That...
The Speaker’s Task Force on Suicide Prevention was created in March to study suicide and suicide prevention in the state...
Tuesday October 15, 2019 - Updated 4:16pm
- Rep. Felzkowski. Announces upcoming listening sessions.
- Rep. Dittrich. Announces bill package aimed at helping kids find safe, permanent homes.
- Sen. Shilling. Co-authors Hmong veteran bill.
- Fox 6. GOP starts push to curb Wisconsin governor's veto powers.
- Cap Times. Explained: What do the new Wisconsin Assembly rules do?
- DNR. Season three of Wild Wisconsin web series launches as deer season gets into full swing.
- DNR. Weekly news.
- Serve Wisconsin. 25th anniversary of AmeriCorps celebrated by Congresswoman Gwen Moore swearing in 400 new members.
- WUWM. Unrest at Lincoln Hills youth prison in September renews calls to move youth closer to home.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Wisconsin hemp growers call on DATCP to change regulation after testing delays.
- WKOW. Report details violent weekend at juvenile prison.
- WMC. Releases 'Women in Manufacturing' video during Manufacturing Month celebration.
- Milwaukee Biz Times. Real estate spotlight: Report: Wisconsin faces severe workforce housing shortage.
- WBAY. Manitowoc mayor tours Wisconsin Aluminum Foundry as trade war continues.
- AFSCME Wisconsin. Welcomes new Executive Director Patrick Wycoff.
- Wisconsin Farm Bureau Federation. Tyler Wenzlaff hired as Director of Governmental Relations.
- Edge Dairy Farmer Cooperative Farming - The costs of a wet year.
- Wisconsin Disability Vote Coalition. Web site to launch at Self Determination Conference.
- We-Are-Many-United Against Hate. A 12-step program to kick America's addiction to hate and violence.
- Politico. 'I'm standing here in the middle of climate change': How USDA is failing farmers.
- DPI. Releases numbers on general school funding.
- School Choice Wisconsin. School choice programs continue rapid growth.
- UW-Stout. Center's events to mark Free Speech Week beginning Oct. 21.
- UW-Madison. Physicist awarded Packard Fellowship.
- Marquette University. New York Times' Chief Washington Correspondent to go 'On the Issues' at Marquette Law School.
- WEDC. Wisconsin school districts encouraged to apply for Fab Labs Grants.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Conservative groups oppose UW punishments for students disrupting speakers.
- Washington Post. Student tracking, secret scores: How college admissions offices rank prospects before they apply.
- Milwaukee Ald. Murphy. Council approves hiring outside counsel to recover opioid epidemic costs.
- Chippewa Herald. Chippewa County wrestles with road funding.
- U.S. Sen. Baldwin. Reintroduces legislation to strengthen pension plans.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Congressman Mark Pocan says impeachment vote could come soon. Wisconsin State Journal.
- WTMJ. Sen. Johnson concerned about 'signal' U.S. is sending to 'allies and adversaries.'
- Karofsky for Wisconsin Supreme Court. Wisconsin legislators rally behind.
- Tiffany for 7th Congress. Raises $242K in three weeks.
- Fitzgerald for 5th Congress. Announces Nicholson endorsement for Fifth Congressional bid.
- NBC 15. Republican Nicholson won't run for Congress, eyeing 2022.
- Duluth News Tribune. Wisconsin Democrats vie for seat in House. WJFW.
- U.S. News & World Report. Wausau School Board president running for Congress.
- WSAW. With 2 Democrats announcing, here's the current special election lineup.
- RiverTowns. Democrat Yacoub launches Assembly campaign.
Monday October 14, 2019
- Speaker Vos. Letter to Gov. Evers regarding the Federal-State Relations Office.
- Cap Times. UW regents approves mandatory student punishments for disrupting free speech.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Gov. Tony Evers signals opposition to UW rules punishing disruptions of free speech.
- WEAU. Gov. Evers tours downtown Eau Claire.
- Rep. Steineke. Continues to raise homelessness awareness.
- LRB. Amending the Wisconsin State Assembly Rules: 2019 Assembly Resolutions 12 and 13.
- Rep. Kulp. Honors First Responders of the Year.
- Rep. Oldenburg. To hold in-district office hours.
- Racine Journal Times. GOP and Dems agree: Affordable housing in state must be addressed.
- Spooner Advocate. Rep. Quinn calls for 7th Congressional District election date change.
- DFI. Green Bay economics and personal finance summit provides educators with tools to promote financial literacy in Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin Lottery. Big payouts for All or Nothing and scratch offs.
- WISC. Wisconsin DNR: Trump administration's proposed rewrites of lead contamination rules not good enough. WKOW.
- WKBT. Election security council to hold first public meeting.
- WXOW. DOT urges REAL ID registration ahead of 2020 deadline.
- Wisconsin State Journal. WEDC, UW System award grants to help 8 Wisconsin companies bring products to market.
- Wisconsin Veterans Chamber of Commerce. Seeking applicants for its Command Post Program for 2019-2020.
- Reuters. Trump's hailing of $50 billion in Chinese farm purchases seen as 'meaningless.'
- Arts Wisconsin. Wisconsin Creative Summit.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Wisconsin ranks among bottom of states in securing federal funds.
- Chippewa Herald. Federal homeless funds bring local mandates, focus.
- Center Square. 1st-quarter state tax collections in Wisconsin reach $4.1 billion, Census Bureau reports.
- Chippewa Herald. 'It's just morally wrong': Gains in fighting homelessness bring hope, but progress not assured.
- AP. Census Bureau seeks state data, including citizenship info.
- UW-Stout. University Foundation awards more than $800,000 in scholarships.
- Wisconsin SBDC Network. Earns national accreditation.
- UW-Milwaukee. Noted social justice advocate to deliver Causier Lecture.
- Telegraph Herald. Tri-state education leaders report difficulty filling vacant teacher positions.
- WKOW. Funding for local government is an issue all over Wisconsin.
- U.S. News & World Report. Police pool resources in small towns, rural Wisconsin areas.
- U.S. News & World Report. Republican Johnson says Democrats 'loathe' Trump.
- WISN. 'UPFRONT' recap: 'Impeachment should be looked at skeptically,' U.S. Rep. Glenn Grothman says.
- Bewley for Senate. Announces decison not to run for 7th Cogressional District.
- Dale for 7th Congress. Announces run.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Wausau's Tricia Zunker aims to be Wisconsin's first Native American congresswoman.
- WAOW. Michigan veteran announces run for Duffy's seat as Democrat.
- La Crosse Tribune. Ron Johnson's spokesman won't run for Congress.