From The Wheeler Report Blog
As chair of the Ways and Means Committee, Rep. John Macco has held five public hearings on taxation in Wisconsin....
Rep. Mark Spreitzer is introducing a bill to help new farmers pay off their student loans. The bill was...
Tuesday May 23, 2017 - Updated 4:56pm
- WJFW. Governor Walker says federal aid in storm relief not likely.
- Sen. Hansen. Statement on GOP Joint Finance Committee rejection of student loan refinancing.
- Sen. Shilling. Dem student loan relief plan rejected by GOP.
- Circus World Museum. Thank you Wisconsin! State supports Circus World - Wisconsin's national treasure.
- Survival Coalition. Letter to Joint Finance members regarding impact per capita caps/block grants on WI Medicaid budget.
- Sen. Nass. Continues to fight to cut UW System tuition, lower property taxes and block transportation tax increases.
- Joint Finance Committee Democrats. Propose allowing Wisconsin residents to refinance student loan debt.
- Badger Advocates. Laud creation of Tommy G. Thompson Center on Public Leadership.
- Speaker Vos. Announces creation of Tommy G. Thompson Center on Public Leadership.
- Wisconsin Long-Term Care Stakeholder Organizations. Support a 15% increase to the personal care rate. Letter to Joint Finance.
- One Wisconsin Now. State budget committee Democrats make a stand for student loan borrowers.
- End Domestic Abuse Wisconsin. Call on Joint Finance Committee to support legal aid for victims.
- ABC News. New policy center at University of Wisconsin raises alarms.
- Racine Journal Times. Budget committee approves consolidating state agency services.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Republicans divided on University of Wisconsin tuition cut.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Lawmakers split on UW tuition cut, put off vote.
- Beloit Daily News. The Latest: Finance Committee won't take up UW budget.
- Wisconsin State Journal. GOP leaders propose policy center named for Tommy Thompson at UW-Madison. Cap Times.
- Janesville Gazette. Lawmaker: Budget likely to increase little cigar tax.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Lawmakers to consider UW tuition cut, W-2 drug testing today.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Lawmakers to vote on Walker's UW System budget.
- U.S. News & World Report. Budget panel to consider UW tuition cut, performance funding.
- La Crosse Tribune. Gov. Scott Walker visits Galesville Elementary, promotes summer reading.
- WEAU. Gov. Walker visits Merrill to talk education, gas tax.
- Sen. Carpenter. Bill allows recovery of costs incurred when owner's pet is injured.
- WAOW. NCHC, Snyder hoping to build youth crisis center.
- Beloit Daily News. Marriage equality package introduced.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Licensing is barrier for Wisconsin's workers, lawmaker says.
- Wisconsin Radio Network. Dems urge GOP to rethink state prevailing wage repeal.
- DOC. Jackson Correctional Institution launches program to train service dogs for persons with disabilities.
- DHS. Wisconsin residents recognized for leadership in promoting self-direction in long-term care.
- DCF. Joins hands in support of foster youth.
- Wisconsin Historical Society. Traveling Sauna comes to Old World Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin Historical Society. Visitor Appreciation Weekend at Madeline Island Museum.
- WEDC. Artisans, Inc. receives loan to help employees purchase company.
- Sheboygan Press. Wisconsin gets $3 million for young people with mental health and substance abuse disorders.
- WEAU. Revamped Wisconsin.gov website rolled out.
- Milwaukee Biz Times. Wisconsin home sales drop 10.7% in April.
- Wisconsin Alliance for Women's Health. "A Day in my Shoes" photography project to help empower women.
- AG Schimel. Files lawsuits against Milwaukee stores selling synthetic cannabinoids.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court. OLR v. John R. Dade.
- Janesville Gazette. Wisconsin sues Milwaukee stores over synthetic marijuana.
- DPW. Statement on AG Brad Schimel request to Supreme Court for a stay in redistricting lawsuit ruling.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Wisconsin Attorney General asks U.S. Supreme Court to stay order to redraw state's voting districts. Stevens Point Journal.
- Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty. Studies overwhelmingly show that school choice works.
- Carthage College. John R. Swallow elected 23rd President.
- UW-Madison. Wisconsin Poverty Report: The recovery from the Great Recession lowers poverty rates in 2015. Summary.
- UW-Stout. Alumna making a splash with her own swimsuit company.
- Milwaukee County Behavioral Health Division. Medical staff elected to Wisconsin Psychiatric Association Executive Council.
- Beloit Daily News. City of Beloit may appeal landlord lawsuit.
- Beloit Daily News. City of Beloit is owed $1.9 million from offenders.
- U.S. Sen. Johnson. On CNN: 'We have to destroy ISIS.'
- U.S. Rep. Kind. Trump Administration 2018 budget disastrous for rural Wisconsin.
- U.S. Sen. Johnson. Statement on president's budget.
- Congressional Progressive Caucus. Rep. Mark Pocan elected co-chair.
- Wisconsin Family Ties. Proposed federal budget cuts would hurt children's mental health in Wisconsin.
- End Domestic Abuse Wisconsin. Advocates of domestic violence appalled at news of President Trump's budget proposal.
- The Hill. Progressive Caucus elects Wisconsin lawmaker as new leader.
- WKOW. Wisconsin farmers await details of President Trump's proposed cut to their subsidies.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Donald Trump budget would affect Wisconsin's poor, elderly and disabled, advocates say.
- U.S. News & World Report. Border adjustment tax faces uphill battle.
- Politico. Ryan bucks White House, setting up clash on taxes.