From The Wheeler Report Blog
School and day care meal income eligibility guidelines were announced by DPI. They are in effect July 1, 2016 to...
Northcentral Technical College (NTC) offered two welding classes to inmates at Marathon County jail for the 2015-16 school year. The...
Friday July 22, 2016 - Updated 5:23pm
- Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty. Statement on appointment of Dan Kelly to SCOWI.
- WMC. Lauds appointment of Daniel Kelly to Supreme Court.
- Gov. Walker. Appoints Daniel Kelly to the WI Supreme Court.
- Rep. Wachs. Statement on Kelly Supreme Court appointment.
- One Wisconsin Now. MoneyTalks: Gov. Walker to appoint former attorney for major right-wing donors' foundation.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Scott Walker names Daniel Kelly to high court.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Scott Walker picks Milwaukee lawyer Daniel Kelly for seat on Supreme Court.
- WBAY. Walker appoints attorney as next justice on Wisconsin Supreme Court.
- WKBT. AP source: Gundrum out as Walker weighs court pick.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Two high court finalists have opposed gay marriage.
- Rep. Shankland. Column: Keep our government open and accountable.
- Baraboo News Republic. State immunity law clears woman of drug charges.
- AG Schimel. Appeals voter ID decision.
- Wisconsin Association of Health Plans. Self-funding RFP: A closer look at a bad idea.
- DCF. Dane County Foster Youth honored for academic achievement.
- DCF. Foster Youth honored for academic achievement.
- DNR. Hearings and meetings update.
- WI Lottery. Lucky winner holds $93,000 Badger 5 ticket.
- WI Lottery. Royal Millions instant ticket has first millionaire.
- DATCP. Race the Veggie 500 in State Fair's Farm & Family Building.
- WJFW. State attorneys ask for stay in voter ID case.
- Wisconsin State Journal. State seeks bids for self-insurance for state workers.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. DNR to set pollution marks for Milwaukee River basin.
- Citizen Action of Wisconsin. Feds challenge big health insurance mega-merger Walker rubber stamped.
- Milwaukee Biz Times. Wisconsin added 10,900 private sector jobs in June.
- Daily Reporter. Komatsu buying Joy Global for $3.7B.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Wisconsin unemployment rate held steady in June at 4.2%
- Wisconsin Hospital Association. Wisconsin health care maintains rank among best in nation.
- WHA. Wisconsin scores high on Commonwealth report on local health system performance.
- Bloomberg. America wastes $160 billion in food every year but is too busy to stop.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court. OLR v. Mary K. Biester.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court. OLR v. Matthew H. Marx.
- Milwaukeee Journal Sentinel. Editorial: Adelman provides a necessary safety net for voters.
- UW-Rock County. Free concert on the lawn.
- UW-Madison. New center offers ultra-speed protein analysis.
- UW-Madison. Spinoff keeps and eye on weather as it returns to Madison.
- Gallagher for 8th Congress. Friday funnies (if it weren't so painfully true).
- Outagamie County Board Chair Nooyen. Statement regarding eminent domain resolution.
- Washington County Administrator Schoemann. County looks to become member of new four-county library system.
- Washington County Administrator Schoemann. County appoints new ADRC Director.
- Wisconsin Jobs Now. Applauds Eau Claire living wage victory.
- Wisconsin Justice Initiative. Milwaukee Municipal Court denies records request.
- Wisconsin Environmental Initiative. To celebrate 20th with Wisconsin Union Theater event.
- Emergency Management. Storm update 15 - July 21 6 pm.
- Fox 11. Nelson to veto eminent domain vote for sheriff's office.
- Appleton Post-Crescent. 10 things to know after eminent domain vote.
- WXPR. U.S. 2 reopens, state agencies meeting with Iron, Ashland, Sawyer officials.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Thousands without power after another storm hits northern Wisconsin.
- U.S. Sen. Baldwin. Tours UW Oshkosh Living Healthy Community Clinic.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Baldwin, Johnson want quick action on SSA judge.
- DPW. Sean Duffy treats election process like it's reality TV.
- Lasee for 8th Congress. Earnes sole endorsement on Wisconsin Family Action in 8th district race.
- DPW. ICYMI: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel: Ron Johnson suggests business groups suffering from Stockholm Syndrome.
- DPW. Ron Johnson's Beltway blunder: The "All in for Trump" edition.
- Elliott for 18th Senate. Response to special interest smear.
- DPW. Statement on the end of the Republican National Convention.
- DPW. Senator Johnson's plans for Trump's convention speech.
- Wisconsin AFL-CIO. During RNC, labor 2016 knocks on doors, makes phone calls across Wisconsin.
- Janesville Gazette. Thompson sees Trump as winner, Cruz as loser at convention.
- Fox 11. Baldwin, other female Democratic senators to take DNC stage.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Editorial: Talk of 2020 presumptuous for Scott Walker.
- Cap Times. Scott Walker, Ted Cruz take dramatically different approaches to Donald Trump at RNC.
- Chippewa Herald. Wisconsin Republicans unify behind Donald Trump, but some uneasiness lingers.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Ryan, Nehlen raise most of their funds out of state.
- Beloit Daily News. Cullen sees Sanders as example, considers run for governor in next election.
- WKOW. Wisconsin congressman says "anchor babies" are not U.S. citizens.
- Manitowoc Herald Times Reporter. 6th District hopefuls talk economy at forum.
Thursday July 21, 2016
- U.S. Rep. Kind. Calls on Governor Walker to implement rail safety program.
- Gov. Walker. Weekly radio address.
- Janesville Gazette. Walker says Supreme Court appointee coming soon.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Sources: Daniel Kelly could be dark horse Supreme Court pick.
- Rep. Shankland. To hold office hours on July 26.
- Senate Democrats. Weekly Democratic radio address.
- DNR. Most DNR northern properties not affected by storms.
- DNR. Public input invited on draft plan to improve water quality in Milwaukee basin.
- DNR. Outdoor report for July 21, 2016.
- DWD. BLS Data: Wisconsin adds 49,900 private sector jobs year-over-year, including 10,900 in June.
- WEDC. State awards $2.3 million to communities to help redevelop idle industrial sites.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Where does Schimel go from here on new voter ID ruling?
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Elections Commission navigates new voter ID requirements.
- Marshfield Clinic Health System and Contessa Health. Create partnership to operate a Home Hospitalization Program.
- Janesville Gazette. GM buyer will inherit environmental issues.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Enbridge reaches $176M agreement for 2010 Michigan oil spill.
- FRWD. Hot temps + Airconditioning = More Electricity.
- Alliant Energy. Activates cycling program in response to today's heat.
- Wisconsin Watchdog. District Court evaluates new standard for gerrymandering.
- UW-River Falls. Students, professor selected for $25,000 Ideadvance grants.
- UW-River Falls. Small Business Development Center serves Polk, St. Croix and Pierce counties.
- Marquette University. One of five universities in nation selected for the 2016 Higher Education Civic Engagement Award.
- MPS. Student wins gold medal at national NAACP competition.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Majority of rural school districts left out of transportation aid program.
- MCTS. When the temps rise MCTS keeps it cool. Buses are always kept at a comfortable 72 degrees!
- Near West Side Partners. Announces "Rev-up MKE" finalists.
- Waukesha County Exec. Farrow. Resources available to Waukesha County residents during extreme heat.
- Freedom, Inc., Groundwork and SURJ. #FreedomNow action disrupts Concert on the Square, more action planned for Thursday.
- Emergency Management. Storm update 14 - July 20.
- Milwaukee Ald. Witkowski. Proposal seeks ballot measure on hiring 150 MPD officers.
- Wausau Daily Herald. County Admin Brad Karger suspended.
- Appleton Post-Crescent. County votes yes on eminent domain.
- Eau Claire Leader-Telegram. EC County living wage effects anticipated.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Ald. Witkowski seeks referendum to add 150 Milwaukee police officers.
- WSAW. Dept. of Transportation announces $4.15M for emergency repairs to flood damaged roads.
- Duluth News Tribune. Flood affected more than 350 homes in NW Wisconsin.
- U.S. Sen. Baldwin. Tours Kretz Lumber in Antigo to highlight Wisconsin's timber economy.
- U.S. Sen. Baldwin. Hosts roundtable discussion in Wausau on the opioid and heroin epidemic.
- WAOW. Senator Tammy Baldwin stops in Wausau to talk drug epidemic.
- Wisconsin Rapids Daily Tribune. Baldwin, in Rapids, touts waterfront bill.
- CDC. Awards Wisconsin $812,000 to help battle Zika.
- DPW. Another disastrous night in Cleveland.
- Gallagher for 8th Congress. Thomas Nelson in action...
- Johnson for U.S. Senate. What they're saying: Feingold is 'weak and dangerous on national security."
- DPW. Reckless Ron continues to embrace Donald Trump's dangerous foreign policy agenda.
- DPW. Welcome to Wisconsin Senator Johnson!
- Wisconsin Family Action. Pro-family PAC endorses candidates for US House of Representatives, State Senate, State Assembly.
- Gallagher for 8th Congress. National security leaders endorse.
- Shrader for 50th Assembly. Picks up additional endorsements.
- DPW. Scott Walker's convention speech: Please nominate me in 2020.
- DPW. Scott Walker's speech is not about Donald Trump, it's about Scott Walker.
- DPW. Why we can't afford to have a Republican president.
- Janesville Gazette. Rep. Gwen Moore to speak at DNC.
- WAOW. Feingold calls Trump comments on NATO alliance 'reckless.'
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Scott Walker joins backlash over Cruz refusal to endorse Trump.
- WKBT. Candidate for 32nd State Senate District focusing on healthcare.
- Politico. Walker 'absolutely' endorses Trump.
- Wisconsin State Journal. For future GOP president, Tommy Thompson picks Paul Ryan over Scott Walker.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Scott Walker's GOP speech more anti-Clinton than pro-Trump.
- Cap Times. In Cleveland, Tommy Thompson questions Scott Walker's re-election prospects.
- WISC. Wisconsin Republicans support anti-Clinton message.
- The Hill. GOP groups scale back support for Sen. Johnson. Wisconsin Rapids Daily Tribune.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Sensenbrenner warns of GOP turnout problem.
- Ozanne for Dane County District Attorney. Parisi and community leaders endorse.